- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Saturday 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Saturday 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Saturday 4:48 AM
‘In moments of tragedy and horror, America comes together as one–and it always has.’
Trump said the suspect, Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, “brutally murdered” 59 people attending the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival concert and said he would travel to Las Vegas on Wednesday to meet with officials, first responders, and families of the victims.
Trump quoted Psalms in his prepared remarks.
“Scripture teaches us the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit,” Trump said. “We seek comfort in those words, for we know God lives in the hearts of those who grieve.”
— Andrew Wyrich (@AndrewWyrich) October 2, 2017
Trump later added:
“In moments of tragedy and horror, America comes together as one–and it always has. Our unity cannot be shattered by evil. Our bonds cannot be broken by violence. And though we feel such great anger at the senseless murder of our fellow citizens it is our love that defines us today and always will forever.”
On Monday morning, Trump drew criticism online for a tweet where he offered his “warmest condolences” to the victims of the shooting.
Authorities have identified Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old man from Nevada, as a suspect in the attack. He was found dead in a 32nd-floor room at the Mandalay Bay hotel where it is believed he shot at the crowd of people at the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert.
You can watch the full statement below.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect the latest death toll in the Las Vegas shooting.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).