- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Donald Trump Jr. retweeted a tweet from conservative author Dinesh D’Souza where he wondered if Special Counsel Robert Mueller was “substituted” by a “mentally retarded look-alike” during his testimony in Congress on Wednesday.
The president’s son has been tweeting all throughout Mueller’s testimony on Wednesday, and his retweet of D’Souza was one of several where he was critical of what the former FBI director said. A number of conservatives have criticized Mueller’s testimony, as the Washington Examiner points out, some of whom called it “feeble” and believed that it included “so many stumbles.”
Trump Jr. seemed to agree, adding his own thoughts in addition to D’Souza’s “mentally retarded look-alike” tweet.
“Does anyone honestly believe that after two years and $50 million Robert Mueller does not know anything about fusion GPS given that it was the genesis of the entire investigation?” Trump Jr. wrote in his retweet of D’Souza. “Has he not opened a paper, even a leftist, one or watched TV in that time? Tough to believe.”
Does anyone honestly believe that after two years and $50 million Robert Mueller does not know anything about fusion GPS given that it was the genesis of the entire investigation?— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) July 24, 2019
Has he not opened a paper, even a leftist, one or watched TV in that time?
Tough to believe. https://t.co/x25WxGNY3j
Mueller testified back-to-back before the House Judiciary Committee and House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday.
Trump Jr.’s father, President Donald Trump, has also been tweeting during the testimony, quoting Chris Wallace of Fox News saying it was a “disaster” for Democrats, and retweeting a number of people who were critical of the special counsel.
- Trump, Donald Trump Jr. team up to convince Roy Moore not to run again
- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal
- Mueller mistakenly calls the president ‘Trimp’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).