- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
Special counsel Robert Mueller and Donald Trump Jr. were both spotted just feet from one another at a boarding gate in Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) on Friday afternoon, and the internet quite simply could not resist turning it into a meme.
The photograph, first published by Politico Playbook, shows Mueller seated reading a newspaper while Trump Jr. stands in a line on his phone in the background.
The timing couldn’t be more perfect. News was just surfacing that President Donald Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, had made claims that Trump knew about a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were to offer Trump’s presidential campaign dirt on his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
That very meeting, it has been already established, was arranged through a Russian intermediary who had contacted Trump Jr. via email.
Mueller’s office is, of course, investigating Russian interference in 2016 presidential election and allegations of collusion.
So, as Trump’s old lawyer starts to sing, branded a liar by the president, Trump Jr. and Mueller are spotted at the same airport and at the same gate, 35X. It’s not confirmed whether the two boarded the same flight but if the pair were to end up seated beside one another, it’d sure as hell be awkward.
Anyway, here are some of Twitter’s finest takes:
Small town ... https://t.co/QRFPnyJ8ts— Lawrence O'Donnell (@Lawrence) July 27, 2018
DON HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU RUN https://t.co/zPzqnrhCWG— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) July 27, 2018
I would have 100% been that bitch starting a “lock him up” chant on the plane.— Zara Rahim (@zara915) July 27, 2018
Weird, usually the only place Don Jr. sees Mueller is his nightmares. https://t.co/LjA7BLz5iF— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) July 27, 2018
MUELLER: "You can run, @DonaldJTrumpJr, but you can't hide."— Leah McElrath (@leahmcelrath) July 27, 2018
JUNIOR: "Daddy, can you hear me now? Hello, Daddy...?"
(Photos via @politico of Mueller and Junior at DC's National Airport.) pic.twitter.com/uGhmqWic3a
Simulation’s glitching again https://t.co/9a4sCJsnpa— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 27, 2018
“Daddy... he’s following me.” https://t.co/4a0btlcLbT— Greg Hogben (@MyDaughtersArmy) July 27, 2018
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.