- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works 6 Months Ago
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl 6 Months Ago
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet 6 Months Ago
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard Today 9:25 AM
- Ted Cruz tries his ‘El Chapo’ Act again, to internet mockery Today 9:18 AM
- How to play the new ‘Tetris 99’ battle royale game on Nintendo Switch for free Today 9:12 AM
- ‘The Breaker Upperers’ is a quirky rom-com about friendship Today 8:54 AM
- Facebook faces pressure from Congress to reduce anti-vaccination exposure Today 8:40 AM
- How to stream Ergashev vs. Fox for free Today 8:00 AM
- How Netflix’s ‘Umbrella Academy’ found its eye-popping style Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Lorena’ deserves to be your new true crime obsession Today 7:00 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Donald Trump Jr. loves two things: defending his father and posting memes.
Yesterday, that habit got him in trouble. Trump Jr. posted a graphic that had been making the rounds online. It showed some of President Donald Trump‘s favorable numbers compared to Obama at this point in his presidency.
The only problem? That number, in the real chart, was 39 percent. Trump’s approval rating, despite those numbers, is much lower than Obama’s.
Oh and also there’s that whole Obama took office after the worst economic collapse in history, but whatever.
To his credit, Trump Jr. has now deleted the image.
Score one (1) victory for real news.
H/T Raw Story
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]