- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war 12 Months Ago
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge 12 Months Ago
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Today 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Today 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Today 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Today 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Today 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Today 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation (updated) Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell Today 10:18 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
He seems to have forgotten his own advice.
“You have to get everybody in a room. You have to be a leader,” Trump told former Fox News host Greta Van Susteren. “The president has to lead. He has get Mr. Boehner and everybody else in a room, and they have to make a deal. You have to be nice and be angry and be wild and congeal and do all sorts of thing, but you have to get a deal.”
Trump just invited to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y) to the White House to possibly hash out a last-minute deal and he been wild and angry, unexpectedly undercutting his own party at seemingly every turn.
But he’s also spent the past week blaming Democrats. Which is not where he once believed blame should fall.
Trump also said that “20 years from now and 100 years from now” people would not be “talking about” the various members of Congress who failed to reach an agreement and avoid a shutdown. Instead, the now-president told Van Susteren, they would be talking about the president.
Fast forward to 2018, The president has tweeted numerous times in the past week attempting to cast blame on Democrats for the shutdown.
“A government shutdown will be devastating to our military…something the Dems care very little about!” Trump tweeted on Thursday.
Two days prior, the president did the same thing.
“The Democrats want to shut down the Government over Amnesty for all and Border Security. The biggest loser will be our rapidly rebuilding Military, at a time we need it more than ever. We need a merit based system of immigration, and we need it now! No more dangerous Lottery.”
The president now has nine hours left to congeal.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).