- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari 4 Weeks Ago
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Today 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Today 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Today 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
As the news emerged Friday that President Donald Trump would be temporarily suspending the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, social media users on both sides of the political spectrum—but especially the far-right—declared Trump a “cuck.”
The decision to reopen the government came after news of airport halting operations. But the president has been sparring for weeks with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), and House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) over the shutdown, the result of disagreements over funding for a U.S.-Mexico border wall.
“Cuck,” shortened from “cuckold,” is a term with origins in porn that means a man who lets his wife cheat on him with Black men. The term, just as racist as it is sexual, is thrown around candidly on far-right forums. And it was hurled incessantly at the president on Twitter Friday alongside another far-right favorite: “soy boy.”
Many of the users appeared to be former Trump supporters.
Trump the Cuck. @realDonaldTrump You BETRAYED US. No more support. Done.
— Matt D (@mtdisme) January 25, 2019
Trump is taking a very long time to say, "I'm a cuck who got rolled by Nancy Pelosi"
— Drew McCoy (@_Drew_McCoy_) January 25, 2019
Get muted, Trumpcuck. pic.twitter.com/Y3H1chL21m
— Darker Design (@Darkerdesigns66) January 25, 2019
That simply doesn’t hold up to the facts. Isn’t Dana Bash on CNN? I thought everything they said was “fake news”? Is that only true when you don’t agree with them? President Cuck, I mean Trump, got humiliated today. He got a beat down from the likes of Pelosi and Cryin Chuck! pic.twitter.com/a2bWNmZgha
— Doomed (@I_Marcism) January 25, 2019
i mean really just mad pic.twitter.com/vcsism0yp1
— Jared Holt (@jaredlholt) January 25, 2019
Turns out that despite being beloved by the self-proclaimed alpha males of the Far Right, Donald Trump is the biggest cuck of all.
— KillerTigger (@KillerTigger) January 25, 2019
Trump announced Friday that the federal government will remain open until Feb. 15. He said if a deal isn’t made by then, he will declare a national emergency to build a border wall.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.