- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
As the news emerged Friday that President Donald Trump would be temporarily suspending the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, social media users on both sides of the political spectrum—but especially the far-right—declared Trump a “cuck.”
The decision to reopen the government came after news of airport halting operations. But the president has been sparring for weeks with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), and House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) over the shutdown, the result of disagreements over funding for a U.S.-Mexico border wall.
“Cuck,” shortened from “cuckold,” is a term with origins in porn that means a man who lets his wife cheat on him with Black men. The term, just as racist as it is sexual, is thrown around candidly on far-right forums. And it was hurled incessantly at the president on Twitter Friday alongside another far-right favorite: “soy boy.”
Many of the users appeared to be former Trump supporters.
Trump the Cuck. @realDonaldTrump You BETRAYED US. No more support. Done.— Matt D (@mtdisme) January 25, 2019
Trump is taking a very long time to say, "I'm a cuck who got rolled by Nancy Pelosi"— Drew McCoy (@_Drew_McCoy_) January 25, 2019
Get muted, Trumpcuck. pic.twitter.com/Y3H1chL21m— Darker Design (@Darkerdesigns66) January 25, 2019
That simply doesn’t hold up to the facts. Isn’t Dana Bash on CNN? I thought everything they said was “fake news”? Is that only true when you don’t agree with them? President Cuck, I mean Trump, got humiliated today. He got a beat down from the likes of Pelosi and Cryin Chuck! pic.twitter.com/a2bWNmZgha— Doomed (@I_Marcism) January 25, 2019
i mean really just mad pic.twitter.com/vcsism0yp1— Jared Holt (@jaredlholt) January 25, 2019
Turns out that despite being beloved by the self-proclaimed alpha males of the Far Right, Donald Trump is the biggest cuck of all.— KillerTigger (@KillerTigger) January 25, 2019
Trump announced Friday that the federal government will remain open until Feb. 15. He said if a deal isn’t made by then, he will declare a national emergency to build a border wall.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.