- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
As the news emerged Friday that President Donald Trump would be temporarily suspending the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, social media users on both sides of the political spectrum—but especially the far-right—declared Trump a “cuck.”
The decision to reopen the government came after news of airport halting operations. But the president has been sparring for weeks with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), and House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) over the shutdown, the result of disagreements over funding for a U.S.-Mexico border wall.
“Cuck,” shortened from “cuckold,” is a term with origins in porn that means a man who lets his wife cheat on him with Black men. The term, just as racist as it is sexual, is thrown around candidly on far-right forums. And it was hurled incessantly at the president on Twitter Friday alongside another far-right favorite: “soy boy.”
Many of the users appeared to be former Trump supporters.
Trump the Cuck. @realDonaldTrump You BETRAYED US. No more support. Done.— Matt D (@mtdisme) January 25, 2019
Trump is taking a very long time to say, "I'm a cuck who got rolled by Nancy Pelosi"— Drew McCoy (@_Drew_McCoy_) January 25, 2019
Get muted, Trumpcuck. pic.twitter.com/Y3H1chL21m— Darker Design (@Darkerdesigns66) January 25, 2019
That simply doesn’t hold up to the facts. Isn’t Dana Bash on CNN? I thought everything they said was “fake news”? Is that only true when you don’t agree with them? President Cuck, I mean Trump, got humiliated today. He got a beat down from the likes of Pelosi and Cryin Chuck! pic.twitter.com/a2bWNmZgha— Doomed (@I_Marcism) January 25, 2019
i mean really just mad pic.twitter.com/vcsism0yp1— Jared Holt (@jaredlholt) January 25, 2019
Turns out that despite being beloved by the self-proclaimed alpha males of the Far Right, Donald Trump is the biggest cuck of all.— KillerTigger (@KillerTigger) January 25, 2019
Trump announced Friday that the federal government will remain open until Feb. 15. He said if a deal isn’t made by then, he will declare a national emergency to build a border wall.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.