- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
President Donald Trump misspelled the word “border” in a tweet on Monday morning where he was blasting Democrats for not agreeing with his desire to increase security along the country’s southern border.
Instead of writing “border security,” the president typed “boarder security”–leading to numerous responses. Last week the president wrote “smocking” instead of “smoking” in a tweet, which also led to people dunking on him.
“Anytime you hear a Democrat saying that you can have good Boarder Security without a Wall, write them off as just another politician following the party line. Time for us to save billions of dollars a year and have, at the same time, far greater safety and control!” Trump wrote early Monday.
This isn’t the first time the president has misspelled “border” when talking about his wall.
Earlier this month, Trump wrote “boarder security” when blasting House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). He even spelled “border” correctly in the tweet, before misspelling it later on.
“Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!” he wrote on Dec. 7.
While his misspelling of “border” isn’t new, Twitter had a field day with what they believed “boarder security” really was.
Others just mocked the president for yet another typo.
Boarder security pic.twitter.com/NcJFA0N8MN— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) December 17, 2018
My legal Councel says Boarder Security is hearby the unpresidented Smocking Gun & my judgement is to develope polices & not waite for rediculous politicions; it's an honer to be payed for covfefe.— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) December 17, 2018
(these 12+ misspellings were actually tweeted by DT, who can afford spellcheck) https://t.co/2nGEZRSEhq
you can get all the Boarder Security you want but gamers are still gonna 360 mctwist over your Wall pic.twitter.com/BshRGgjbub— Hard Drive (@HardDriveMag) December 17, 2018
"boarder security" pic.twitter.com/Srh0nnT9vl— Andy (@andydvnn) December 7, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, your new Boarder Security, here to protect and serve sick skills. pic.twitter.com/vnDVtUbXZo— Blobert Newyear (@blobert) December 17, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).