- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
President Donald Trump misspelled the word “border” in a tweet on Monday morning where he was blasting Democrats for not agreeing with his desire to increase security along the country’s southern border.
Instead of writing “border security,” the president typed “boarder security”–leading to numerous responses. Last week the president wrote “smocking” instead of “smoking” in a tweet, which also led to people dunking on him.
“Anytime you hear a Democrat saying that you can have good Boarder Security without a Wall, write them off as just another politician following the party line. Time for us to save billions of dollars a year and have, at the same time, far greater safety and control!” Trump wrote early Monday.
This isn’t the first time the president has misspelled “border” when talking about his wall.
Earlier this month, Trump wrote “boarder security” when blasting House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). He even spelled “border” correctly in the tweet, before misspelling it later on.
“Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!” he wrote on Dec. 7.
While his misspelling of “border” isn’t new, Twitter had a field day with what they believed “boarder security” really was.
Others just mocked the president for yet another typo.
Boarder security pic.twitter.com/NcJFA0N8MN— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) December 17, 2018
My legal Councel says Boarder Security is hearby the unpresidented Smocking Gun & my judgement is to develope polices & not waite for rediculous politicions; it's an honer to be payed for covfefe.— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) December 17, 2018
(these 12+ misspellings were actually tweeted by DT, who can afford spellcheck) https://t.co/2nGEZRSEhq
you can get all the Boarder Security you want but gamers are still gonna 360 mctwist over your Wall pic.twitter.com/BshRGgjbub— Hard Drive (@HardDriveMag) December 17, 2018
"boarder security" pic.twitter.com/Srh0nnT9vl— Andy (@andydvnn) December 7, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, your new Boarder Security, here to protect and serve sick skills. pic.twitter.com/vnDVtUbXZo— Blobert Newyear (@blobert) December 17, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).