- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
This isn’t the first time he’s made this typo.
President Donald Trump misspelled the word “border” in a tweet on Monday morning where he was blasting Democrats for not agreeing with his desire to increase security along the country’s southern border.
Instead of writing “border security,” the president typed “boarder security”–leading to numerous responses. Last week the president wrote “smocking” instead of “smoking” in a tweet, which also led to people dunking on him.
“Anytime you hear a Democrat saying that you can have good Boarder Security without a Wall, write them off as just another politician following the party line. Time for us to save billions of dollars a year and have, at the same time, far greater safety and control!” Trump wrote early Monday.
This isn’t the first time the president has misspelled “border” when talking about his wall.
Earlier this month, Trump wrote “boarder security” when blasting House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). He even spelled “border” correctly in the tweet, before misspelling it later on.
“Arizona, together with our Military and Border Patrol, is bracing for a massive surge at a NON-WALLED area. WE WILL NOT LET THEM THROUGH. Big danger. Nancy and Chuck must approve Boarder Security and the Wall!” he wrote on Dec. 7.
While his misspelling of “border” isn’t new, Twitter had a field day with what they believed “boarder security” really was.
Others just mocked the president for yet another typo.
Boarder security pic.twitter.com/NcJFA0N8MN
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) December 17, 2018
My legal Councel says Boarder Security is hearby the unpresidented Smocking Gun & my judgement is to develope polices & not waite for rediculous politicions; it's an honer to be payed for covfefe.
(these 12+ misspellings were actually tweeted by DT, who can afford spellcheck) https://t.co/2nGEZRSEhq
— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) December 17, 2018
you can get all the Boarder Security you want but gamers are still gonna 360 mctwist over your Wall pic.twitter.com/BshRGgjbub
— Hard Drive (@HardDriveMag) December 17, 2018
"boarder security" pic.twitter.com/Srh0nnT9vl
— Andy (@andydvnn) December 7, 2018
— Corey Dinopoulos (@cdinopoulos) December 17, 2018
— lunatic skies (@lunatic_core) December 17, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, your new Boarder Security, here to protect and serve sick skills. pic.twitter.com/vnDVtUbXZo
— Blobert Newyear (@blobert) December 17, 2018
— Chris van den Bos (@Weerchris) December 17, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).