- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
A campaign-style video posted by President Donald Trump that used music from The Dark Knight Rises was removed by Twitter on Tuesday.
Warner Bros., which released Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, filed a copyright infringement claim against the video for using the score from The Dark Knight Rises without permission, BuzzFeed News reports.
“The use of Warner Bros.’ score from The Dark Knight Rises in the campaign video was unauthorized,” a Warner Bros. spokesperson told the news outlet. “We are working through the appropriate legal channels to have it removed.”
The video now shows a message from Twitter claiming “this media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner.”
As the Batman music played the video displayed text that read “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they call your racist,” and then flashed photos of Hillary Clinton, Rosie O’Donnell, Amy Schumer, and Bryan Cranston.
It also showed Trump meeting with foreign leaders like Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
The news was met with dismay by some Trump fans, who decried the takedown as “censorship.”
This is the THIRD time since February that @Twitter has allowed the Left Wing SJWs that control Big Tech to CENSOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.— Carpe Donktum🔹 (@CarpeDonktum) April 10, 2019
This MUST END.#StopTheBias pic.twitter.com/QkM5XH9UtS
You can read all of the BuzzFeed News report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).