- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren came for Michelle Obama in a tweet on Monday, telling the former first lady to “sit down” for saying her husband was a “great” president.
Michelle Obama said we “had” a great president. By what measure? Not in economic growth. Not in border enforcement. Not in strength on the world stage. Sit down, Michelle.— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) September 24, 2018
“Michelle Obama said we ‘had’ a great president. By what measure? Not in economic growth. Not in border enforcement. Not in strength on the world stage. Sit down, Michelle,” Lahren wrote to her more than 1 million followers.
People on Twitter responded to Lahren’s tweet with memes and infographics.
WATCH THIS Y'ALL!— Antonio Edwards (@antoniodjtone) September 24, 2018
I'm issuing you a challenge. A dare is more like it.
I'm DOUBLE DARING you to say something 'factually negative' about Trump and that ratchet torn up GOP party. Followed by something 'factually positive' about Obama.
Can't or won't do it? Which is it?! pic.twitter.com/pQyeHIfCzS
totally. pic.twitter.com/8vU6Sd6fBg— Mikel Jollett (@Mikel_Jollett) September 24, 2018
Of course, some were applauding Lahren’s tweet.
Absolutely amazing. There is no question in my mind that Obama is the worst president in my lifetime!— joe polidore (@fanduress) September 24, 2018
But others commented that Obama is too busy to be concerned with anything Lahren has to say.
I’m just worried that Michelle isn’t going to be able to catch her breath from laughing so hard.— Shithole Nation Redux (@lauraevf1968) September 24, 2018
A couple of things. “Sit down” is a distinctly black thing to say (your little trolls can go google its origins) so you’re appropriating black culture to insult a black woman. Secondly, you would hope to be a 100th of the woman Michelle Obama is in 100 years. Sit YOUR ass down. pic.twitter.com/4pDeg8tXTw— Such (@Such) September 24, 2018
Michelle Obama can't sit down, she's about to do a TOUR OF STADIUMS to launch her book. While your FoxNews President can barely fill a high school sports hall, so many Americans want to pay to see and hear @MichelleObama that she's being booked into STADIUMS.— Alt-Rupert (@TheMurdochTimes) September 24, 2018
Obama was at a rally in Las Vegas on Sunday for her nonprofit organization When We All Vote, CBS reports. She urged Nevada residents to register to vote in the upcoming November elections.
During her speech, Obama said she was also frustrated by the “nastiness of our politics.” But she added that it’s important to show up to the polls and to register to vote.
“If we want qualified people that we trust, then people have to vote,” Obama said, according to the Hill. “Because you can’t vote some of the time and then sit out.”
H/T the Hill
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.