- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
Just about every news story this week revolved around President Donald Trump’s press conference in Helskini, Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin, so it’s only natural Time magazine’s cover this week addressed the conversation around it.
But while everyone is talking about the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Time addressed a collision you didn’t know existed.
Trump-Putin face collision, to be precise.
Is Putin a shapeshifter who ran as Trump and is now in charge of the American government?? Or is Trump an animorph who has been secretly running Russia this whole time??
I. DON’T. KNOW.
Neither did Twitter, which for some reason kept calling this animation haunting and terrifying, despite it … being not.
Unless the shapeshifter thing was true.
Freaky...freaked...freakin https://t.co/ibhJn1ZnWH— Carol Costello (@CarolHLN) July 19, 2018
Creepy AF but perfectly appropriate: https://t.co/KblVDEGitW— Andrew Wortman (@AmoneyResists) July 19, 2018
Article is very good. Picture is terrifyingly accurate. https://t.co/FgJQtX6OIr— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) July 19, 2018
Chilling. https://t.co/Jp5DmwqflF— Marie Renaud (@MarieFrRenaud) July 19, 2018
You can read the article here, but prepared to be disappointed. A CRTL+F for “shapeshifter” and “animorph” produced zero results.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]