- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
The White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
The internet is freaked by it.
Just about every news story this week revolved around President Donald Trump’s press conference in Helskini, Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin, so it’s only natural Time magazine’s cover this week addressed the conversation around it.
But while everyone is talking about the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Time addressed a collision you didn’t know existed.
Trump-Putin face collision, to be precise.
— TIME (@TIME) July 19, 2018
Is Putin a shapeshifter who ran as Trump and is now in charge of the American government?? Or is Trump an animorph who has been secretly running Russia this whole time??
I. DON’T. KNOW.
Neither did Twitter, which for some reason kept calling this animation haunting and terrifying, despite it … being not.
Unless the shapeshifter thing was true.
— Carol Costello (@CarolHLN) July 19, 2018
Creepy AF but perfectly appropriate: https://t.co/KblVDEGitW
— Andrew Wortman (@AmoneyResists) July 19, 2018
Article is very good. Picture is terrifyingly accurate. https://t.co/FgJQtX6OIr
— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) July 19, 2018
— Marie Renaud (@MarieFrRenaud) July 19, 2018
You can read the article here, but prepared to be disappointed. A CRTL+F for “shapeshifter” and “animorph” produced zero results.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]