- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
The White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
The internet is freaked by it.
Just about every news story this week revolved around President Donald Trump’s press conference in Helskini, Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin, so it’s only natural Time magazine’s cover this week addressed the conversation around it.
But while everyone is talking about the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Time addressed a collision you didn’t know existed.
Trump-Putin face collision, to be precise.
— TIME (@TIME) July 19, 2018
Is Putin a shapeshifter who ran as Trump and is now in charge of the American government?? Or is Trump an animorph who has been secretly running Russia this whole time??
I. DON’T. KNOW.
Neither did Twitter, which for some reason kept calling this animation haunting and terrifying, despite it … being not.
Unless the shapeshifter thing was true.
— Carol Costello (@CarolHLN) July 19, 2018
Creepy AF but perfectly appropriate: https://t.co/KblVDEGitW
— Andrew Wortman (@AmoneyResists) July 19, 2018
Article is very good. Picture is terrifyingly accurate. https://t.co/FgJQtX6OIr
— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) July 19, 2018
— Marie Renaud (@MarieFrRenaud) July 19, 2018
You can read the article here, but prepared to be disappointed. A CRTL+F for “shapeshifter” and “animorph” produced zero results.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]