- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
The White House/Flickr (Public Domain)
The internet is freaked by it.
Just about every news story this week revolved around President Donald Trump’s press conference in Helskini, Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin, so it’s only natural Time magazine’s cover this week addressed the conversation around it.
But while everyone is talking about the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Time addressed a collision you didn’t know existed.
Trump-Putin face collision, to be precise.
— TIME (@TIME) July 19, 2018
Is Putin a shapeshifter who ran as Trump and is now in charge of the American government?? Or is Trump an animorph who has been secretly running Russia this whole time??
I. DON’T. KNOW.
Neither did Twitter, which for some reason kept calling this animation haunting and terrifying, despite it … being not.
Unless the shapeshifter thing was true.
— Carol Costello (@CarolHLN) July 19, 2018
Creepy AF but perfectly appropriate: https://t.co/KblVDEGitW
— Andrew Wortman (@AmoneyResists) July 19, 2018
Article is very good. Picture is terrifyingly accurate. https://t.co/FgJQtX6OIr
— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) July 19, 2018
— Marie Renaud (@MarieFrRenaud) July 19, 2018
You can read the article here, but prepared to be disappointed. A CRTL+F for “shapeshifter” and “animorph” produced zero results.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]