- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog 2 Years Ago
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange 2 Years Ago
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
- Colin Trevorrow reveals the title of the 3rd ‘Jurassic World’ movie Today 10:28 AM
- You can pre-order Bloomberg’s ‘not a socialist’ hats now if you really want to Today 10:06 AM
- Who would win a Zayn Malik vs. Jake Paul fight? Today 9:23 AM
Just about every news story this week revolved around President Donald Trump’s press conference in Helskini, Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin, so it’s only natural Time magazine’s cover this week addressed the conversation around it.
But while everyone is talking about the possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, Time addressed a collision you didn’t know existed.
Trump-Putin face collision, to be precise.
Is Putin a shapeshifter who ran as Trump and is now in charge of the American government?? Or is Trump an animorph who has been secretly running Russia this whole time??
I. DON’T. KNOW.
Neither did Twitter, which for some reason kept calling this animation haunting and terrifying, despite it … being not.
Unless the shapeshifter thing was true.
Freaky...freaked...freakin https://t.co/ibhJn1ZnWH— Carol Costello (@CarolHLN) July 19, 2018
Creepy AF but perfectly appropriate: https://t.co/KblVDEGitW— Andrew Wortman (@AmoneyResists) July 19, 2018
Article is very good. Picture is terrifyingly accurate. https://t.co/FgJQtX6OIr— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) July 19, 2018
Chilling. https://t.co/Jp5DmwqflF— Marie Renaud (@MarieFrRenaud) July 19, 2018
You can read the article here, but prepared to be disappointed. A CRTL+F for “shapeshifter” and “animorph” produced zero results.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]