- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free 1 Year Ago
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying 1 Year Ago
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
‘Rex is living on a farm upstate now. He’ll be happy, running around with all the other dogs.’
And one former Trump official—who has a history of high-profile gaffes—couldn’t get off a farewell tweet without horribly fucking it up.
Secretary Tillerson is a true patriot that has severed our nation well. Thank you for serving. Mike Pompeo will be an outstanding Secretary of State – the Senate should act swiftly to confirm him https://t.co/J8Eo0harb9
— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) March 13, 2018
Tillerson has been accused of decimating the State Department and killing morale during his tenure. So maybe it’s actually accurate.
But the president himself had his own bad tweet. Most people couldn’t help but point out that just four months ago, Trump said it was “fake news” that his secretary of state would be “leaving soon.”
There were reports that Trump was considering replacing Tillerson with Pompeo late last year. While Trump called it “fake news” at the time, the news stories must have been onto something.
Narrator: Just four months earlier… https://t.co/OSO5NVSVVs
— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 13, 2018
— Mark Berman (@markberman) March 13, 2018
This is holding up well https://t.co/UVOsURqKhb
— Patrick McGee (@PatrickMcGee_) March 13, 2018
Life comes at you fast. https://t.co/ZvM9MaGm84
— Alexander W. Mitchell (@heel_be_ok) March 13, 2018
Of course, there were other tweets.
EX-EXXON TEXAN EXEC REX NEXT EX-SEC
— Benjy Sarlin (@BenjySarlin) March 13, 2018
Rex is living on a farm upstate now. He'll be happy, running around with all the other dogs. https://t.co/VahxozPopF
— Maggie Serota (@maggieserota) March 13, 2018
like a big boy https://t.co/OMEEmBsxh5
— Matt Novak (@paleofuture) March 13, 2018
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) March 13, 2018
Some people also joked about Tillerson—who has close ties to Russia from his years at Exxon—and Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
— Andrea G ™ (@good_wifey) March 13, 2018
Hey Rex Tillerson:
Here is Robert Mueller’s email: [email protected]
— Denizcan James (@MrFilmkritik) March 13, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).