- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Monday 12:14 PM
‘Rex is living on a farm upstate now. He’ll be happy, running around with all the other dogs.’
And one former Trump official—who has a history of high-profile gaffes—couldn’t get off a farewell tweet without horribly fucking it up.
Secretary Tillerson is a true patriot that has severed our nation well. Thank you for serving. Mike Pompeo will be an outstanding Secretary of State – the Senate should act swiftly to confirm him https://t.co/J8Eo0harb9
— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) March 13, 2018
Tillerson has been accused of decimating the State Department and killing morale during his tenure. So maybe it’s actually accurate.
But the president himself had his own bad tweet. Most people couldn’t help but point out that just four months ago, Trump said it was “fake news” that his secretary of state would be “leaving soon.”
There were reports that Trump was considering replacing Tillerson with Pompeo late last year. While Trump called it “fake news” at the time, the news stories must have been onto something.
Narrator: Just four months earlier… https://t.co/OSO5NVSVVs
— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 13, 2018
— Mark Berman (@markberman) March 13, 2018
This is holding up well https://t.co/UVOsURqKhb
— Patrick McGee (@PatrickMcGee_) March 13, 2018
Life comes at you fast. https://t.co/ZvM9MaGm84
— Alexander W. Mitchell (@heel_be_ok) March 13, 2018
Of course, there were other tweets.
EX-EXXON TEXAN EXEC REX NEXT EX-SEC
— Benjy Sarlin (@BenjySarlin) March 13, 2018
Rex is living on a farm upstate now. He'll be happy, running around with all the other dogs. https://t.co/VahxozPopF
— Maggie Serota (@maggieserota) March 13, 2018
like a big boy https://t.co/OMEEmBsxh5
— Matt Novak (@paleofuture) March 13, 2018
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) March 13, 2018
Some people also joked about Tillerson—who has close ties to Russia from his years at Exxon—and Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
— Andrea G ™ (@good_wifey) March 13, 2018
Hey Rex Tillerson:
Here is Robert Mueller’s email: [email protected]
— Denizcan James (@MrFilmkritik) March 13, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).