- Anthony Hamilton’s national anthem at All-Star game sparks MVP meme 10 Months Ago
- ‘Subtle Asian Dating’ is the un-Tinder we all need right now Today 5:00 AM
- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
Ted Cruz’s glowing blurb about Trump in Time magazine is getting destroyed online
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
‘Ted, have some dignity.’
Trump has mocked his wife, insinuated that his father was involved in assassinating former President John F. Kennedy, and even used his “Lyin’ Ted Cruz” nickname on Twitter several times during the 2016 election.
“President Trump is a flash-bang grenade thrown into Washington by the forgotten men and women of America,” Cruz wrote. “The fact that his first year as Commander in Chief disoriented and distressed members of the media and political establishment is not a bug but a feature.”
The Texas senator continued:
“President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo. That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.”
The praise for Trump might seem odd, considering Cruz has called the now-president a “pathological liar” and “narcissist” in the past. The flip-flop on his feelings about Trump was not missed by people online.
Ted, have some dignity. pic.twitter.com/P9PS2h8CKM
— Maggie Serota (@maggieserota) April 19, 2018
Ted Cruz in Time Magazine: The Guy Who Said My Dad Killed JFK and Called My Wife Ugly Makes Some Great Points!
— LOLGOP (@LOLGOP) April 19, 2018
Call me old fashioned, but if I were Ted Cruz and Donald Trump had personally branded me as a liar, suggested he had dirt on my wife, spread rumors that my father assasinated JFK, and was, you know, Donald Trump, I’d probably pass on writing his effusive TIME magazine blurb.
— Matt Fuller (@MEPFuller) April 19, 2018
wait ted cruz had to write about trump for time magazines 100 did he lose a bet 😹😹😹😹
— darth™ (@darth) April 19, 2018
[reads Ted Cruz's blurb about Donald Trump for TIME's 100] pic.twitter.com/SI5LplCclB
— Andrew Husband (@AndrewHusband) April 19, 2018
Wow Ted Cruz's love letter to Trump in Time Magazine is A LOT am I the first person to do this please say yes pic.twitter.com/7gQxzwTFCe
— Orli Matlow (@HireMeImFunny) April 19, 2018
“At first I was skeptical of Mr. Trump, but now I agree– my dad shot JFK and my wife is a total dog.” https://t.co/KUxowuCbGh
— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) April 19, 2018
Maybe the Texas senator was just “lyin'” in his Time blurb?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).