- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Ted Cruz’s glowing blurb about Trump in Time magazine is getting destroyed online
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
‘Ted, have some dignity.’
Trump has mocked his wife, insinuated that his father was involved in assassinating former President John F. Kennedy, and even used his “Lyin’ Ted Cruz” nickname on Twitter several times during the 2016 election.
“President Trump is a flash-bang grenade thrown into Washington by the forgotten men and women of America,” Cruz wrote. “The fact that his first year as Commander in Chief disoriented and distressed members of the media and political establishment is not a bug but a feature.”
The Texas senator continued:
“President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo. That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.”
The praise for Trump might seem odd, considering Cruz has called the now-president a “pathological liar” and “narcissist” in the past. The flip-flop on his feelings about Trump was not missed by people online.
Ted, have some dignity. pic.twitter.com/P9PS2h8CKM— Maggie Serota (@maggieserota) April 19, 2018
Ted Cruz in Time Magazine: The Guy Who Said My Dad Killed JFK and Called My Wife Ugly Makes Some Great Points!— LOLGOP (@LOLGOP) April 19, 2018
Call me old fashioned, but if I were Ted Cruz and Donald Trump had personally branded me as a liar, suggested he had dirt on my wife, spread rumors that my father assasinated JFK, and was, you know, Donald Trump, I’d probably pass on writing his effusive TIME magazine blurb.— Matt Fuller (@MEPFuller) April 19, 2018
wait ted cruz had to write about trump for time magazines 100 did he lose a bet 😹😹😹😹— darth™ (@darth) April 19, 2018
[reads Ted Cruz's blurb about Donald Trump for TIME's 100] pic.twitter.com/SI5LplCclB— Andrew Husband (@AndrewHusband) April 19, 2018
Wow Ted Cruz's love letter to Trump in Time Magazine is A LOT am I the first person to do this please say yes pic.twitter.com/7gQxzwTFCe— Orli Matlow (@HireMeImFunny) April 19, 2018
“At first I was skeptical of Mr. Trump, but now I agree– my dad shot JFK and my wife is a total dog.” https://t.co/KUxowuCbGh— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) April 19, 2018
Maybe the Texas senator was just “lyin'” in his Time blurb?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).