- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ 11 Months Ago
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? 11 Months Ago
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- Audrey Kitching is a Myspace queen turned energy healer. Critics say she’s also a fraud Today 6:30 AM
- The best new movies on Showtime Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge Today 5:30 AM
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Today 5:00 AM
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
Stormy Daniels addresses Trump-spanking rumors in ’60 Minutes’ interview
She finally spoke candidly.
In a much-anticipated interview with Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes, Stormy Daniels finally spoke at length about her alleged affair with President Donald Trump.
Daniels said she came on 60 Minutes because she wanted “set the record straight” and that she was perfectly fine not speaking, but was upset with people accusing her of being in this for money.
In her interview, Daniels spoke about the threats she’d received since speaking out.
Daniels said that an unnamed individual harassed her on behalf of Trump in 2011 after she spoke with InTouch magazine about the affair.
“A guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,’” Daniels said. “And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.’ And then he was gone.”
In the interview, Daniels discussed her decision to take a payment from Trump after their affair, and her experience since she’s spoken out about the president.
Daniels placed blame for intimidating tactics she was on the receiving end of in the runup to the 2016 election on Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
“I’m not exactly sure who they were. I believe it to be Michael Cohen.”
She also directly referenced the report that she spanked the president with a copy of Forbes he was on the cover of, saying it had happened, but that she’d done it in jest.
You can watch the full interview here.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]