- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Sunday 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Sunday 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Sunday 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Sunday 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Sunday 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
Stormy Daniels addresses Trump-spanking rumors in ’60 Minutes’ interview
She finally spoke candidly.
In a much-anticipated interview with Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes, Stormy Daniels finally spoke at length about her alleged affair with President Donald Trump.
Daniels said she came on 60 Minutes because she wanted “set the record straight” and that she was perfectly fine not speaking, but was upset with people accusing her of being in this for money.
In her interview, Daniels spoke about the threats she’d received since speaking out.
Daniels said that an unnamed individual harassed her on behalf of Trump in 2011 after she spoke with InTouch magazine about the affair.
“A guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,’” Daniels said. “And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.’ And then he was gone.”
In the interview, Daniels discussed her decision to take a payment from Trump after their affair, and her experience since she’s spoken out about the president.
Daniels placed blame for intimidating tactics she was on the receiving end of in the runup to the 2016 election on Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
“I’m not exactly sure who they were. I believe it to be Michael Cohen.”
She also directly referenced the report that she spanked the president with a copy of Forbes he was on the cover of, saying it had happened, but that she’d done it in jest.
You can watch the full interview here.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]