- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Stormy Daniels addresses Trump-spanking rumors in ’60 Minutes’ interview
She finally spoke candidly.
In a much-anticipated interview with Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes, Stormy Daniels finally spoke at length about her alleged affair with President Donald Trump.
Daniels said she came on 60 Minutes because she wanted “set the record straight” and that she was perfectly fine not speaking, but was upset with people accusing her of being in this for money.
In her interview, Daniels spoke about the threats she’d received since speaking out.
Daniels said that an unnamed individual harassed her on behalf of Trump in 2011 after she spoke with InTouch magazine about the affair.
“A guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,’” Daniels said. “And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.’ And then he was gone.”
In the interview, Daniels discussed her decision to take a payment from Trump after their affair, and her experience since she’s spoken out about the president.
Daniels placed blame for intimidating tactics she was on the receiving end of in the runup to the 2016 election on Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
“I’m not exactly sure who they were. I believe it to be Michael Cohen.”
She also directly referenced the report that she spanked the president with a copy of Forbes he was on the cover of, saying it had happened, but that she’d done it in jest.
You can watch the full interview here.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]