- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote 1 Year Ago
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte 1 Year Ago
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive 1 Year Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem 1 Year Ago
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance 1 Year Ago
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted 1 Year Ago
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Today 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Today 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Today 1:25 PM
- Report: 5,000 Twitter bots pushed ‘Russiagate hoax’ after Mueller report Today 11:15 AM
- Google Trends show how differently Notre Dame and Sri Lanka are being mourned Today 10:50 AM
- Harvard centrists get relentlessly clowned for asking Bernie about socialism Today 10:38 AM
- Flex your knowledge of dank memes with What Do You Meme? card game Today 10:33 AM
- Facebook’s new general counsel helped craft the ‘Patriot Act’ Today 10:26 AM
- Get a free month of live TV streaming while this Philo deal lasts Today 10:11 AM
Stormy Daniels addresses Trump-spanking rumors in ’60 Minutes’ interview
She finally spoke candidly.
In a much-anticipated interview with Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes, Stormy Daniels finally spoke at length about her alleged affair with President Donald Trump.
Daniels said she came on 60 Minutes because she wanted “set the record straight” and that she was perfectly fine not speaking, but was upset with people accusing her of being in this for money.
In her interview, Daniels spoke about the threats she’d received since speaking out.
Daniels said that an unnamed individual harassed her on behalf of Trump in 2011 after she spoke with InTouch magazine about the affair.
“A guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,’” Daniels said. “And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, ‘That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.’ And then he was gone.”
In the interview, Daniels discussed her decision to take a payment from Trump after their affair, and her experience since she’s spoken out about the president.
Daniels placed blame for intimidating tactics she was on the receiving end of in the runup to the 2016 election on Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
“I’m not exactly sure who they were. I believe it to be Michael Cohen.”
She also directly referenced the report that she spanked the president with a copy of Forbes he was on the cover of, saying it had happened, but that she’d done it in jest.
You can watch the full interview here.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]