- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
The evidence they point to? Her pupils.
A group of Trump-supporting women told CNN they didn’t believe her and she was just out to get money, attorneys have traded jabs on cable news, and some right-wing blogs have claimed that there are “Stormy Daniels Truthers.”
But a number of people on the right are now speculating that Daniels was high during her interview with Anderson Cooper on Sunday night.
The so-called evidence they point to? Her pupils.
— 🇺🇸John #KAG🇺🇸🚂👊🐸 (@JohnCooper0610) March 26, 2018
What's up with this floozy Stormy Daniels' massively dilated pupils during her 60 Minutes interview? pic.twitter.com/OPq6IFrhEd
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) March 26, 2018
— Montgomery Granger (@mjgranger1) March 25, 2018
Stormy Daniels's eyes reveal that she was stoned on coke – see pix – everyone else's eyes were fine pic.twitter.com/vz1cxaUnML
— Red Team USA . . . (@RedTeamUSA) March 26, 2018
The Gateway Pundit, a far-right conservative blog, took the enormous amount of Twitter chatter about her pupils one step further–calling Daniels a “washed up porn star” and comparing pictures of her pupils to internet search results for “dilated pupils.
In a separate article, the website said Daniels “appeared to be high as a kite” during the interview.
Business Insider spoke with experts on pupil size and said there are reasons other than drugs that people’s pupils dilate–such as simply being on national television.
“It is absolutely wrong to assume that someone is on drugs (legal or illegal) based on dilated pupils,” Megan Papesh, an assistant professor at LSU told the news outlet in an email, adding: “Being interviewed for 60 Minutes is surely exciting or nerve-wracking, and both of those would reasonably cause dilation.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).