- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate 1 Year Ago
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
A group of Trump-supporting women told CNN they didn’t believe her and she was just out to get money, attorneys have traded jabs on cable news, and some right-wing blogs have claimed that there are “Stormy Daniels Truthers.”
But a number of people on the right are now speculating that Daniels was high during her interview with Anderson Cooper on Sunday night.
The so-called evidence they point to? Her pupils.
What's up with this floozy Stormy Daniels' massively dilated pupils during her 60 Minutes interview? pic.twitter.com/OPq6IFrhEd— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) March 26, 2018
Stormy Daniels's eyes reveal that she was stoned on coke - see pix - everyone else's eyes were fine pic.twitter.com/vz1cxaUnML— Red Team USA . . . (@RedTeamUSA) March 26, 2018
The Gateway Pundit, a far-right conservative blog, took the enormous amount of Twitter chatter about her pupils one step further–calling Daniels a “washed up porn star” and comparing pictures of her pupils to internet search results for “dilated pupils.
In a separate article, the website said Daniels “appeared to be high as a kite” during the interview.
Business Insider spoke with experts on pupil size and said there are reasons other than drugs that people’s pupils dilate–such as simply being on national television.
“It is absolutely wrong to assume that someone is on drugs (legal or illegal) based on dilated pupils,” Megan Papesh, an assistant professor at LSU told the news outlet in an email, adding: “Being interviewed for 60 Minutes is surely exciting or nerve-wracking, and both of those would reasonably cause dilation.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).