- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Cop holds teenagers at gunpoint for having a snowball fight
“Do you want to build a snowman?” has never had such an ominous ring to it.
Next time there’s a blizzard in your neighborhood, you better think twice before you go outside to frolic in the snow. That’s what a group of youths from New Rochelle, N.Y., learned earlier this week, when a local police officer held them at gunpoint for having a snowball fight.
During the altercation, which was caught on tape and posted on the local news blog the Talk of the Sound, the policeman made the teenagers kneel on the ground and put their hands up. “Don’t fucking move, guys,” he’s heard saying as he approaches them. He then frisks one of the teens while pointing his gun at the other.
Given the severe tone of the police officer’s voice, you’d think that the teenagers in the video were up to something nefarious. But in the background of the video, the woman filming provides a brief explanation: “They were having a snowball fight,” she says. “This group of guys was having a snowball fight and now a cop has a gun on them.”
Fortunately, it sounds like the cop released them shortly thereafter and let them go on their merry way. (Talk of the Sound reports the police officer was responding to a report that one of the teenagers had a gun, but the New Rochelle Police Department couldn’t confirm that.)
The next time you go outside to build a snowman in your backyard, don’t be surprised if a cop strolls by and starts reading you and the snowman your Miranda rights.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.