- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement 1 Year Ago
- ‘A Fortunate Man’ is a gorgeous, shallow adaptation of a classic novel 1 Year Ago
- Obama’s ‘Easter worshippers’ tweet upsets conservatives 1 Year Ago
- Trump responds to impeachment calls: ‘You can’t’ 1 Year Ago
- Desperate YouTuber goes on ‘holy pilgrimage’ to meet PewDiePie 1 Year Ago
- Influencer faces 20 years for hiring cousin to threaten man into giving up domain name Today 10:17 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ isn’t actually the end of Marvel’s Phase 3 Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon Today 9:24 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
- 12 adult toys sex bloggers swear by Today 8:45 AM
- Howard Schultz mocked for ‘majority of Americans are Americans’ ad Today 8:35 AM
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons Today 8:00 AM
- Why ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is my favorite Marvel movie Today 7:59 AM
- The quick and dirty guide to buying your first vibrator Today 7:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free Today 7:00 AM
Sessions reportedly said FBI should get a ‘fresh start,’ by replacing Trump foil
Office of Public Affairs/Flickr (CC-BY)
The ‘fresh start’ reportedly including removing Andrew McCabe from the FBI.
Sessions told Christopher Wray, who was appointed to the position by Trump after he controversially fired James Comey last year, to purge his “core team,” Axios reports. That included deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who filled in as interim head of the department following Comey’s ouster.
“The conversations about McCabe and the core team started shortly after Wray was confirmed,” a senior administration source told the news outlet. “They intensified from there.”
Sessions telling Wray to get rid of McCabe would appear to satisfy a desire of Trump’s.
“Why didn’t A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got big dollars ($700,000) for his wife’s political run from Hillary Clinton and her representatives. Drain the Swamp!” Trump tweeted.
Trump also blasted McCabe in late December when he questioned the deputy FBI director’s retirement plans.
“How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin’ James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?” Trump said in a series of tweets. “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!”
You can read all of Axios’ report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).