- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites 1 Year Ago
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings 1 Year Ago
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
Sessions reportedly said FBI should get a ‘fresh start,’ by replacing Trump foil
Office of Public Affairs/Flickr (CC-BY)
The ‘fresh start’ reportedly including removing Andrew McCabe from the FBI.
Sessions told Christopher Wray, who was appointed to the position by Trump after he controversially fired James Comey last year, to purge his “core team,” Axios reports. That included deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who filled in as interim head of the department following Comey’s ouster.
“The conversations about McCabe and the core team started shortly after Wray was confirmed,” a senior administration source told the news outlet. “They intensified from there.”
Sessions telling Wray to get rid of McCabe would appear to satisfy a desire of Trump’s.
“Why didn’t A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got big dollars ($700,000) for his wife’s political run from Hillary Clinton and her representatives. Drain the Swamp!” Trump tweeted.
Trump also blasted McCabe in late December when he questioned the deputy FBI director’s retirement plans.
“How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin’ James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?” Trump said in a series of tweets. “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!”
You can read all of Axios’ report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).