- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants 2 Weeks Ago
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
Sebastian Gorka, President Donald Trump’s former aide, is under fire for making comments about teen climate activist Greta Thunberg‘s body.
Media Matters posted a clip of an exchange between Gorka and a guest on his right-wing radio show, Andrew Klavan, an author and conservative political commentator. During the conversation, Gorka and Klavan discuss Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic student who made national news after a video of the teen at a protest went viral. In the video, the teen, who was wearing a MAGA hat, stares at a Native American elder. The teen recently reached a settlement with CNN after suing for defamation. CNN had reported that Sandmann engaged in “racist conduct.”
“Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann has received a settlement from CNN after the $275 million lawsuit was filed against CNN,” Gorka said.
Then, somehow, the two steered their conversation toward Thunberg.
“I heard about this too, and boy, oh boy does he ever deserve it. If ever a kid–You know, these are people who will defend Greta Thuns–whatever her name. What is her name? Greta Thunberg?” Klavan asks.
“Thunder thighs,” Gorka responds with a chuckle. “Greta Thunberg.”
As the conversation continued, Klavan tried to point to “liberal hypocrisy” for not supporting Sandmann, arguing that they would fight harder to defend “any 16-year-old who stands up for a left-wing cause.”
“And suddenly, you know, if you say anything at all about them, you’re an evil child molester,” he added.
Many blasted the 49-year-old for his “gross” and “pervy” comments about the 17-year-old’s body.
“Sebastian Gorka calls climate activist Greta Thunberg ‘thunder thighs,'” Twitter user @BrianaJ75069100 wrote. “Oh god this guy is perverted and gross.”
Sebastian Gorka calls climate activist Greta Thunberg "thunder thighs" https://t.co/W0XLblNYaY— Briana James (@BrianaJ75069100) January 8, 2020
Oh god this guy is perverted and gross
Another questioned whether Gorka was one of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein‘s friends.
“He seems REALLY preoccupied with young girls,” they wrote.
Um, by any chance was Sebastian Gorka one of Jeffrey Epstein's friends or clients? He seems REALLY preoccupied with young girls.— Steve McBride (@stevemcb263) January 8, 2020
The disgusting Sebastian Gorka follows the toxic Trump playbook, calling Greta Thunberg "thunder thighs." These assholes love to attack females, especially young ones. Thunberg turned 17 four days ago. https://t.co/0FpdACnziY— Mark Jacob (@MarkJacob16) January 7, 2020
Sebastian Gorka is an ugly mug. Greta’s thigh size is irrelevant. My question is Why is he critiquing a minor’s body? Is he some kind of pervert? Gorka is a crusty & mentally warped human. It’s clear that he is jealous of Greta’s thunder. https://t.co/QuxNvaXMOw— trina d firey (@madorairene) January 7, 2020
Gorka is just the latest conservative man to attack the teen. Trump repeatedly mocks Thunberg on Twitter. In October, Steven Crowder sexualized the then-16-year-old by suggesting that a good Halloween costume would be a “slutty Greta Thunberg.” Conservative men online have thrown tantrums over her UN speech and compared her to a Nazi poster girl. And most recently, singer Meat Loaf said Thunberg was “brainwashed” into believing climate change is real.
- Rocker Meat Loaf dunked on for saying Greta Thunberg was ‘brainwashed’ over climate change
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win
- Steven Crowder suggested ‘slutty Greta Thunberg’ as Halloween costume in alleged deleted tweet
- One man’s take: If Greta Thunberg can talk about climate change, why can’t kids be prostitutes?
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.