- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Tuesday 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Tuesday 10:26 AM
Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was called a “garbage person” by a heckler during a promotional event for his new book in New York on Wednesday night.
Video taken of the outburst shows Spicer, doing a tour for his recently released book The Briefing, about to answer a question before someone shouts at him.
“Hey Sean! You’re a real piece of garbage!” the person shouted from the crowd. “I hope you look around and you see all of these empty seats and you realize in New York City people will not come and pay money to hear you speak. I’ve read the reviews, it’s a garbage book.”
The heckler was then escorted out of the audience, while people shouted back at him.
As he left the event, the heckler continued:
“It’s a garbage book and you’re a garbage person! You lied as press secretary, now you’re lying in your book.”
A source in Brooklyn sent me this video of Sean Spicer getting heckled at a book signing in NYC tonight pic.twitter.com/gDHLL95zui— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 26, 2018
While Tuesday’s event was interrupted by a heckler, at least he was able to have it. The New York Post reports that a scheduled event in Massachusetts for Saturday was canceled due to the “political climate.”
The heckler called both Spicer and his memoir “garbage,” and apparently some book reviewers agree it’s a fair assessment. The Wall Street Journal called The Briefing “littered with inaccuracies” and the Washington Post said it was “a bumbling effort at gaslighting Americans.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).