- How to play Fortnite on Mac 1 Year Ago
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram 1 Year Ago
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
Sarah Sanders says Trump is ‘the best negotiator’—and the internet busts a gut
The internet got a good laugh on Friday when White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders called President Donald Trump “the best negotiator at the table,” implying he has the upper hand in an ongoing trade tiff with China.
Trump has declared his intentions to tax Chinese steel and aluminum, and China has retaliated with tariffs on soy and other products.
Press Sec. Sanders tells @jonkarl that Pres. Trump "absolutely" still believes trade wars are easy to win "if he is in charge of those negotiations…he's the best negotiator at the table." https://t.co/XQ7uJkSKKT pic.twitter.com/c0Je4qVInO
— ABC News (@ABC) April 6, 2018
People on Twitter wanted to know what table, exactly, Sanders was referring to. And how many negotiators are sitting there?
"He's the best negotiator at the table" if he's the ONLY negotiator at the table. Then, yes.
— Kris Moore (@renardgirl) April 6, 2018
Sarah Says: In talks with China, Trump will be "…the best negotiator at the table." The problem is, China won't be sitting at the kids' table. #ifhermouthismoving
— George Bufford (@GeorgeBufford) April 6, 2018
Sanders touted Trump’s hand in the yet-unresolved North American Free Trade Agreement as an illustration of his negotiating skills. But people had other examples in mind.
— Midus Well (@Miduswell) April 6, 2018
Let’s see how far the “great negotiator” (aka Stable Genius) has gotten us with his promise of a “terrific” replacement for ACA, Gun Control (if they are unstable you just go in and take their guns!), DACA and then, Infrastructure Week. Now he’s working his magic with Tariffs!
— CoastalResistance (@traci_altson) April 6, 2018
They were particularly tickled in light of Trump’s negotiations (through his lawyer) with Stormy Daniels, the porn actress who has said she had an affair with the president in 2006. Daniels is suing Trump over the $130,000 settlement that was meant to keep her quiet about the affair ahead of the 2016 presidential election.
Trump denies having an affair with Stormy Daniels. So Trump had a NDA written up and then Cohen paid her $130,000 for no reason. Now they are suing Stormy for breaking the NDA that protected Trump for the non-affair? Do I have this right? Wow, what a great negotiator. 😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/ARUn0NQA9q
— Jdarcey (@Jdarcey13Jon) March 27, 2018
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: President Trump is the best negotiator at the table.
Every bank in NYC: 😂
Trump casinos: 😂😂
Trump airlines: 😂😂😂
Trump football: 😂😂😂
Trump University: 😂😂😂😂
Stormy Daniels: 😂😂😂😂😂
— nicki 🌊 (@nickiknowsnada) April 6, 2018
It’s yet to be seen how Donald “Best Negotiator” Trump will handle the China tariff situation. Lest the internet forget, this is the same man who once co-authored a book called The Art of the Deal. But given his history, plenty of people are lacking faith in Trump’s diplomacy skills.
At least they’re getting a hearty chuckle out of it.
— Michaelangelo (@lomlplexTOGG) April 7, 2018
— Zap (@ZapatHome) April 6, 2018
H/T Huffington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.