- ‘Game of Thrones’ ties its own Emmys record for a single season 4 Years Ago
- Michelle Williams used her Emmy speech to call out pay disparities in Hollywood 4 Years Ago
- Outraged vapers could sink Trump in 2020 4 Years Ago
- Did Amazon give ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ an unfair Emmy advantage? Today 7:57 AM
- ‘The Politician’ is a dark and cynical answer to ‘Glee’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Ozark’ beat ‘Game of Thrones’ in 2 major Emmy categories Today 6:37 AM
- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
News of Palin’s support for Trump percolated online Monday night and was confirmed by the New York Times on Tuesday.
The former Alaska governor whose 2008 vice presidential run turned her into a national star, Palin brings with her a substantial evangelical Christian following that may help Trump beat Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), his chief Republican rival in the race for the White House.
Describing Palin’s endorsement as “coveted,” Trump’s campaign said Palin is “a trusted conservative.” The two will appear at a campaign stop in Iowa on Tuesday, just two weeks before the state caucuses in the nation’s first primaries of the 2016 election.
Palin’s endorsement of Trump is of particular significance, because she played a big role in Cruz’s election to the Senate.
“I love @SarahPalinUSA Without her support, I wouldn’t be in the Senate. Regardless of what she does in 2016, I will always be a big fan,” Cruz wrote on Twitter as news of Palin’s presidential endorsement spread.
In fact, Palin has a history of strong endorsements when it comes to conservative races, a fact picked up upon by Cruz himself.
As BuzzFeed’s Kaczynski rightly points out, it seems only a matter of time before Trump is flaunting that very quote to Cruz supporters in triumph.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Patrick Howell O'Neill is a notable cybersecurity reporter whose work has focused on the dark net, national security, and law enforcement. A former senior writer at the Daily Dot, O'Neill joined CyberScoop in October 2016. I am a cybersecurity journalist at CyberScoop. I cover the security industry, national security and law enforcement.