- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt 3 Months Ago
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ 3 Months Ago
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ 3 Months Ago
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
- How to watch ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 Today 9:55 AM
- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it Today 8:45 AM
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
- Eminem drops surprise album—and Ariana Grande fans are furious Today 7:53 AM
- The first photos from the Discworld TV series are not what you’d expect Today 7:33 AM
- Vox Day, ‘alt-right’ racist, is absolutely thriving online Today 7:30 AM
On Oct. 16, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani butt-dialed an NBC news reporter and left a three-minute-long voicemail message. And now he’s the butt of Twitter’s jokes.
According to NBC News, the call came in around 11pm while the reporter was sleeping. Giuliani had spoken to the reporter who received the call earlier that day, so the number must’ve been in the recent call logs and easy for his butt to get to. The voicemail that resulted wasn’t heard until the next morning.
The conversation happened between Giuliani and an unidentified man.
“The best thing about #buttdial will be the serious, smartly dressed news anchors saying “butt dial,” Twitter user @MFeustle wrote.
The best thing about #buttdial will be the serious, smartly dressed news anchors saying "butt dial."— Maristella Feustle (@MFeustle) October 25, 2019
Kind of bummed that I'll be dead in 50 years when kids get to study the great butt dial debacle of 2019 in their history classes. #ButtDial #Giuliani #rudygiulianimeltdown #ButtHisVoicemails #HowIsThisReality— Theresa Puckett (@TheresTJP) October 25, 2019
Others pointed out that out of all the people Giuliani could have butt-dialed, he happened to butt-dial a reporter.
“What’s the odds that you butt-dial a reporter while planning the next evil plot? This right out of Austin Powers,” Twitter user @manniKraemer joked.
What’s the odds that you butt-dial a reporter while planning the next evil plot? This right out of Austin Powers. #buttdial— manni (@manniKraemer) October 25, 2019
Reader’s Digest writer Giacomo Calabria referenced the pseudonym given to the informant who relayed the information that broke the Watergate scandal.
“Giuliani’s butt just became the Deep Throat this story needed,” Calabria wrote.
This isn’t the first time Giuliani’s butt has mistakenly called an NBC reporter and left a voicemail. Back in September, the former mayor of New York mistakenly left another voicemail, wherein he went on a long diatribe against the Bidens.
“I expected it would happen,” Giuliani says at the start of the recording, referring to going public against presidential candidate Joe Biden and his family. “The minute you touch on one of the protected people, they go crazy. They come after you.”
“You got the truth on your side,” the other man on the recording, who remains unidentified, says.
“It’s very powerful,” Giuliani replies.
For the rest of the three-minute voicemail, Giuliani rails against Biden’s son Hunter, claiming he does shady business and has a drug problem.
“When he became vice president, the kid decided to go around the world and say, ‘Hire me because I’m Joe Biden’s son.’ And most people wouldn’t hire him because he had a drug problem,” he was recorded saying.
Evidently, Giuliani is in serious need of a tutorial on lock screens.
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections
- Giuliani just straight-up tweets some Ukraine secrets
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name
H/T NBC News
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.