- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress 2 Years Ago
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people 2 Years Ago
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
Roy Moore says liberal, LGBTQ ‘conspiracy’ to blame for sex abuse allegations
Senate candidate Roy Moore is blaming a “conspiracy” of LGBTQ people and liberals for the allegations of sexual misconduct against him.
Moore, 70, spoke Wednesday at a campaign event in an Alabama church, Vice News reported. Despite accusations that Moore engaged in sexual misconduct with teenagers while he was in his 30s, polls from this week say he’s ahead of his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones.
“I’m still leading. And they tried unsuccessfully,” Moore said. “They’ve tried unsuccessfully to change that. They’ve done everything.”
He continued: “When I say ‘they,’ who are they? They’re liberals. They don’t want conservative values. They’re the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender [individuals] who want to change our culture. They’re socialists who want to change our way of life… They’re the Washington establishment.”
Roy Moore names quite explicitly the “THEY” behind the “malicious” attacks against him. (At a church in Theodore, AL) pic.twitter.com/mccnDyfcK7— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) November 30, 2017
Moore also said he believes a “drug dealer” he held in contempt while he was a deputy district attorney in the 1980s is “at the heart of this conspiracy,” since “drugs are at the base of it.”
One woman said she was 14 years old when Moore, who was 32 at the time, had sexual contact with her. Another woman said Moore attempted to rape her when she was 16. At least three women said Moore pursued relationships with them when he was an adult and they were teenagers, the Washington Post reported.
Moore previously asserted the women’s accusations were an attempt to sabotage his campaign.
Although Trump won’t be campaigning in Alabama for Moore, the president on Sunday tweeted to criticize Jones, Moore’s opponent.
The last thing we need in Alabama and the U.S. Senate is a Schumer/Pelosi puppet who is WEAK on Crime, WEAK on the Border, Bad for our Military and our great Vets, Bad for our 2nd Amendment, AND WANTS TO RAISES TAXES TO THE SKY. Jones would be a disaster!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 26, 2017
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.