- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 2 Years Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
Political operative and Trump ally Roger Stone was suspended from Twitter on Saturday following an expletive-rich series of personal attacks against CNN. Not just the cable news channel as a blank stand-in for his disdain toward the mainstream media, either—Stone went personal.
On Friday CNN reported that Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into the president’s Russian ties had its first charges. A grand jury reportedly approved them, and CNN claimed an arrest could come as early as Monday. Then Stone stepped in to blast the on-air talent, including Jake Tapper, Ana Navarro, and Don Lemon via tweets, writing:
.@donlemon stop lying about about the Clinton’s and Uranium you ignorant lying covksucker !!!! You fake news you dumb piece of shit.
.@donlemon must be confronted, humiliated, mocked and punished. Dumber than dog shit.
.@donlemon you come across on tv as a dull witted arrogant partyboi. You lie constantly and no one who knows you thinks you r bright
No .@CharlesBlow YOU Lie- u have no cried you fast talking arrogant fake news piece of shit !
.@donlemon there r no credible “fact-checks” that clear the Clinton’s on Uranium. Even the people at CNN say u are a buffoon behind you back
If Carl Bernstein says something the overwhelming odds are that it’s false lied about Watergate lying lying now
Stone told CBS news that he’d violated the site’s terms of service with the tweetstorm. “This is a strange way to do business and part and parcel of the systematic effort by the tech left to censor and silence conservative voices,” he wrote in an email to Politico. Stone also said he would seek legal action against the social media giant.
According to USA Today, the ban could be permanent because of Stone’s “targeted abuse.” Stone remains suspended as of Sunday morning.
Stone has been a D.C. political operative since the Nixon administration, and was an adviser to the Trump campaign last year.
H/T CBS News
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.