- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website 1 Year Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet 1 Year Ago
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Today 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Today 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Today 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Today 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Today 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Today 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Today 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
Political operative and Trump ally Roger Stone was suspended from Twitter on Saturday following an expletive-rich series of personal attacks against CNN. Not just the cable news channel as a blank stand-in for his disdain toward the mainstream media, either—Stone went personal.
On Friday CNN reported that Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into the president’s Russian ties had its first charges. A grand jury reportedly approved them, and CNN claimed an arrest could come as early as Monday. Then Stone stepped in to blast the on-air talent, including Jake Tapper, Ana Navarro, and Don Lemon via tweets, writing:
.@donlemon stop lying about about the Clinton’s and Uranium you ignorant lying covksucker !!!! You fake news you dumb piece of shit.
.@donlemon must be confronted, humiliated, mocked and punished. Dumber than dog shit.
.@donlemon you come across on tv as a dull witted arrogant partyboi. You lie constantly and no one who knows you thinks you r bright
No .@CharlesBlow YOU Lie- u have no cried you fast talking arrogant fake news piece of shit !
.@donlemon there r no credible “fact-checks” that clear the Clinton’s on Uranium. Even the people at CNN say u are a buffoon behind you back
If Carl Bernstein says something the overwhelming odds are that it’s false lied about Watergate lying lying now
Stone told CBS news that he’d violated the site’s terms of service with the tweetstorm. “This is a strange way to do business and part and parcel of the systematic effort by the tech left to censor and silence conservative voices,” he wrote in an email to Politico. Stone also said he would seek legal action against the social media giant.
According to USA Today, the ban could be permanent because of Stone’s “targeted abuse.” Stone remains suspended as of Sunday morning.
Stone has been a D.C. political operative since the Nixon administration, and was an adviser to the Trump campaign last year.
H/T CBS News
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.