- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go 1 Year Ago
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
Political operative and Trump ally Roger Stone was suspended from Twitter on Saturday following an expletive-rich series of personal attacks against CNN. Not just the cable news channel as a blank stand-in for his disdain toward the mainstream media, either—Stone went personal.
On Friday CNN reported that Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into the president’s Russian ties had its first charges. A grand jury reportedly approved them, and CNN claimed an arrest could come as early as Monday. Then Stone stepped in to blast the on-air talent, including Jake Tapper, Ana Navarro, and Don Lemon via tweets, writing:
.@donlemon stop lying about about the Clinton’s and Uranium you ignorant lying covksucker !!!! You fake news you dumb piece of shit.
.@donlemon must be confronted, humiliated, mocked and punished. Dumber than dog shit.
.@donlemon you come across on tv as a dull witted arrogant partyboi. You lie constantly and no one who knows you thinks you r bright
No .@CharlesBlow YOU Lie- u have no cried you fast talking arrogant fake news piece of shit !
.@donlemon there r no credible “fact-checks” that clear the Clinton’s on Uranium. Even the people at CNN say u are a buffoon behind you back
If Carl Bernstein says something the overwhelming odds are that it’s false lied about Watergate lying lying now
Stone told CBS news that he’d violated the site’s terms of service with the tweetstorm. “This is a strange way to do business and part and parcel of the systematic effort by the tech left to censor and silence conservative voices,” he wrote in an email to Politico. Stone also said he would seek legal action against the social media giant.
According to USA Today, the ban could be permanent because of Stone’s “targeted abuse.” Stone remains suspended as of Sunday morning.
Stone has been a D.C. political operative since the Nixon administration, and was an adviser to the Trump campaign last year.
H/T CBS News
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.