- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her
The post was deleted on Monday afternoon.
Stone, who was recently indicted as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, posted the photo in the early afternoon on Monday. In it, he asks his Instagram followers to donate to his defense fund.
In the post, which appears to have been taken off his profile as of 2:10pm CT, Stone called Mueller a “Deep State hitman” who used “legal trickery” to have his trial before U.S. Circuit Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson.
The post showed a photo of Jackson with a small crosshairs in the left corner on what appears to be some sort of paper.
Got a notification for another Roger Stone Instagram post…it’s the judge presiding over his case. And in the upper left hand corner it looks like the symbol for crosshairs. pic.twitter.com/m6IW3QznTF
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) February 18, 2019
Stone was charged as part of Mueller’s ongoing investigation last month.
The Instagram post comes just days after Jackson issued a gag order for Stone’s case. As Politico noted, the order bars all parties involved from speaking about the case near the courthouse in Washington D.C.
The order did not bar Stone from speaking about it publicly, according to the news outlet, but left room for her to expand the order “if necessary.”
Stone told the New York Daily News that he “didn’t notice the symbol in the corner,” adding that it was “simply a photo of the judge off the internet.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).