- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her
The post was deleted on Monday afternoon.
Stone, who was recently indicted as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, posted the photo in the early afternoon on Monday. In it, he asks his Instagram followers to donate to his defense fund.
In the post, which appears to have been taken off his profile as of 2:10pm CT, Stone called Mueller a “Deep State hitman” who used “legal trickery” to have his trial before U.S. Circuit Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson.
The post showed a photo of Jackson with a small crosshairs in the left corner on what appears to be some sort of paper.
Got a notification for another Roger Stone Instagram post…it’s the judge presiding over his case. And in the upper left hand corner it looks like the symbol for crosshairs. pic.twitter.com/m6IW3QznTF
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) February 18, 2019
Stone was charged as part of Mueller’s ongoing investigation last month.
The Instagram post comes just days after Jackson issued a gag order for Stone’s case. As Politico noted, the order bars all parties involved from speaking about the case near the courthouse in Washington D.C.
The order did not bar Stone from speaking about it publicly, according to the news outlet, but left room for her to expand the order “if necessary.”
Stone told the New York Daily News that he “didn’t notice the symbol in the corner,” adding that it was “simply a photo of the judge off the internet.”
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).