- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Mueller team says Rick Gates was in contact with Russian intelligence figure in 2016
Ryan J. Reilly/Flickr (CC-BY)
Rick Gates, the former official for President Donald Trump‘s election campaign, had contact with someone associated with Russian intelligence during 2016, according to new court filings by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
The filings described an associate of Gates—believed to be Konstantin Kilimnik, according to several reports—known as “Person A,” and added that Gates was aware of his links to “Russian intelligence service.”
Kilimnik reportedly worked with Paul Manafort in Ukraine and his possible ties to Russian intelligence have been reported by numerous media outlets. He has denied being involved with Russian intelligence.
Gates and Manafort were indicted on money laundering and other charges by Mueller last year. Gates pled guilty earlier this year and is believed to be assisting Mueller’s investigation.
The discussions between Gates and “Person A” came from court documents regarding Alexander van der Zwann, who was charged as part of Mueller’s probe in February. He pled guilty to lying to investigators about his interactions with Gates.
Recently, Trump has reportedly voiced his frustration with Mueller’s investigation, telling confidants that he thinks the probe is “going to choke the life out” of his presidency.
You can read more about the latest court filings here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).