- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
The polarity of President Donald Trump has people calling him an array of names. However, his supporters have decided to unify under one.
His party, following his lead, won’t let up after Trump himself initially declared that he was “a very stable genius” on Twitter when Michael Wolf’s Fire and Fury decried Trump’s ability for office. A new poll suggests that half of Republican voters agree with the president.
....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 6, 2018
Despite his confident description of himself, a Washington Post-ABC News poll asked Americans: “Trump has described himself as, quote, ‘a very stable genius.’ What’s your own view—Do you think Trump is or is not a genius?”
According to the poll, only 21 percent of Americans think Trump is a genius while a whopping 73 percent are reluctant to even consider the thought. Another poll by the Post suggests that about half of Americans think he isn’t mentally stable at all, with 47 percent questioning his mental state, and showing just how polarizing Trump will continue to be.
But out of the marginal 21 percent who do believe Trump is a genius, most are Republican voters according to the Washington Post, with about half believing his Twitter claim. Only 40 percent of Republicans polled disagreed with the notion that the president is a genius.
“These Republicans apparently don’t think Trump was just making a hyperbolic claim about his intellect; they believe he is a genius,” senior reporter Aaron Blake noted in an analysis piece for the Post. He adds that although the classification of “genius” is subjective, the poll is useful as informative and shows that the majority of Americans are “not that dedicated to Trump.”
While Trump’s popularity may be dwindling, it’s important to remember just how popular he remains with the base that elected him.
H/T New York
Carlos Devora is a journalist and social media marketer. He is based in Austin, Texas.