- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
President Donald Trump’s hardline community supporters on Reddit want Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein fired over new allegations that he discussed secretly recording Trump’s conversations and persuading senior officials to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.
The claims, made in memos written by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and relayed to the New York Times by anonymous sources on Friday, concern comments supposedly made by Rosenstein in the wake of FBI Director James Comey’s firing in 2017.
Although Rosenstein issued a statement to deny the allegations, the story has provided the perfect pretext for redditors on the notorious pro-Trump subreddit r/The_Donald to push for his dismissal.
“There is more evidence that Rosenstein did this than there is evidence that Kavanaugh did anything wrong,” one user said, drawing comparisons with the Supreme Court nominee facing sexual assault allegations.
“There is more evidence that unicorns exist than there is evidence that coach K did anything wrong,” u/f_bastiat agreed.
“Fuck this seditious asshole!” u/Mamemoo wrote.
“Release the documents unredacted,” said u/Needbouttreefiddy. “Fire Rosenstein. CLEAN FUCKING HOUSE.”
Rosenstein oversees special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into collusion and Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Trump and his supporters have repeatedly slammed the investigation as a “witch hunt.”
The president has threatened to fire Rosenstein on several occasions, including after the FBI raided the office of his longtime lawyer Michael Cohen and in relation to allegations of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse.
Elsewhere on social media, other leading conservatives and right-wing pundits joined the chorus in demanding Rosenstein be fired.
Rod Rosenstein must be fired today. @realDonaldTrump— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) September 21, 2018
Because source is NY Slimes not sure this is true but if so, Jeff Sessions needs to fire Rosenstein and if he won’t @realDonaldTrump needs to fire both of them since Rosenstein doesn’t seem to have the integrity to resign. https://t.co/zi57L8b0LX— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) September 21, 2018
Back on The Donald, more cautious users were pondering what the “deep state’s” long game was in releasing this information and painting a clean target on Rosenstein’s back.
“This is BAIT,” u/BernillaryClanders warned. “Don’t fall for it my pedes. NYT cannot be trusted.”
“I dislike the guy as much as anyone, but this is NYT propaganda at its finest right here,” another agreed. “I do not believe this garbage for a second.”
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology.