- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work 5 Years Ago
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Today 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Today 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Today 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Today 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Today 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Today 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Today 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Today 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Today 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor Today 11:38 AM
- Teen arrested for threatening to ‘slaughter’ abortion clinic on iFunny Today 11:29 AM
British politician Douglas Carswell stars in this sexy dinosaur fanfiction
Warning: It gets a little NSFW.
For the past few days, a strange piece of fanfiction has been doing the rounds in British journalists’ inboxes. Written in Comic Sans, it involves a member of the House of Commons who won a special election last week. Oh, and a triceratops.
Here’s a segment. Warning, it gets a little NSFW.
Former Kernel editor Milo Yiannopoulos first tweeted he had received the extremely strange story about the member of Parliament via email.
I’ve just been sent Douglas Carswell/dinosaur slash fic (NSFW) “for publication” pic.twitter.com/zm4EtwzyKj
— Milo Yiannopoulos (@Nero) October 13, 2014
Other journalists revealed they had also received the story, but that their email clients had wisely placed it into their spam folders.
Further investigation suggests that the author behind the story is a prolific writer who regularly composes slash fic about famous British personalities and dinosaurs. This includes former foreign secretary David Miliband and a stegosaurus, and well-known broadcaster John Humphrys and a velociraptor.
Photo via Flickr/Zachi Evenor | Screengrabs via dinostories.wordpress.com
Ned Donovan is a politics and entertainment journalist who's done stints with GQ, Wired, and the Daily Mail. His bylines have also appeared in the Week, the Telegraph, BuzzFeed, History Today, and elsewhere.