- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg was mocked on Twitter this weekend after staging a bizarre photo of himself walking.
The former South Bend mayor sent out a picture on Saturday seemingly intended to showcase his intention to head to Iowa.
“On my way back to Iowa,” he wrote. “It’s #Phase4. Let’s do this.”
But Twitter users couldn’t help but notice just how awkward the photo looked and immediately began pondering why.
“After being weirdly disturbed by this post and not realizing why, I think I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s bc both of his feet are on the ground,” Twitter user @thefurlinator wrote.
after being weirdly disturbed by this post and not realizing why, I think I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s bc both of his feet are on the ground https://t.co/6clWqlRqDV— bernie ass furlin (@thefurlinator) January 26, 2020
Another Twitter user also argued that Buttigieg’s arms suggested that he wasn’t even walking at all.
“The way his arms are positioned too, it’s abundantly clear he is standing still, holding that weird ass pose,” they said.
The way his arms are positioned too, it’s abundantly clear he is standing still, holding that weird ass pose.— sb24857583 (@sb24857583) January 26, 2020
"alright pete, just walk down this hallway normally with normal arms"— koush (@koush) January 25, 2020
Others simply questioned why Buttigieg was all alone in a dark hallway.
... where’s everybody else?— Big Simpin’ (@Buridans_Sasse) January 25, 2020
Nice photo, super relatable!— Pointman (@appuntito160) January 25, 2020
"OK now walk normally"— Middle East Expert Who Cannot Speak Arabic (@punished_stu) January 25, 2020
The candidate was compared to everyone, from fictional serial killer Patrick Bateman to a character you’d see in The Shining.
big time patrick bateman vibes here brother— connor (@CNNRGLDN) January 25, 2020
Shots like these are typically reserved for people about to commit violence.— silent “H” in Whack (@WhackNicholson) January 25, 2020
Also, how long exactly would it take to walk to Iowa?
Gonna be a long walk, buddy— WokeBiden.gif (@DinosaurParty2) January 25, 2020
For anyone who saw the movie Joker, that hallway sure does look familiar.
"Hurry up guys! I have to go lose Iowa!“ pic.twitter.com/K2WRXzAhYl— HTTP Lovecraft (@HTTP_Lovecraft) January 25, 2020
And if you haven’t heard, a growing conspiracy theory online alleges that Buttigieg is nothing more than a secret CIA operative.
“Every time a CIA operative says ‘Phase 4’ you know that a lot of people are going to die,” Twitter user @ASegals said.
Every time a CIA operative says “Phase 4” you know that a lot of people are going to die— A Flock of Seagals (@ASegals) January 25, 2020
when you're definitely not executing a CIA op— victim of capitalism (@joshieecs) January 25, 2020
With just around a week until the Democratic caucuses in Iowa, Buttigieg is polling in second place, behind Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).
We can only hope that Buttigieg isn’t pulled away for some clandestine government mission or doesn’t become distracted by any wine caves during his long walk to Iowa.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.