- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Laura Loomer became a meme after handcuffing herself to Twitter’s headquarters to protest an account ban, then GoFundMe gave her the boot as well. Now the right-wing activist says PayPal is the latest platform to ban her.
Loomer posted a screenshot of PayPal’s notice on Instagram Tuesday. It did not cite a specific reason for the deactivation but explained that the site’s user agreement allows PayPal to terminate any account at any time. Several other platforms have banned the activist for violating hate speech policies by posting anti-Muslim statements.
A PayPal spokesperson confirmed the ban to the Daily Dot, adding that the decision was in accordance with the site’s values and “not political.” Loomer did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
Prior to the ban, Loomer often advertised her account to her fans, hoping their donations could offset the $40,000 in debt she claims she accumulated through her activism supporting President Donald Trump.
View this post on Instagram
BREAKING: PayPal just banned me for no reason whatsoever. This comes one day after Radical Left wingers published a fake hit piece about me, falsely accusing me of getting donations from an “anti-Muslim hate group”. The good news is, there is a lawyer who is going to take my case, and just like Gavin McInnes, I plan on suing all of the Left wing terrorists and tech tyrants who are trying to shut me down simply because I am a Conservative Jewish woman who speaks truth about Islam. I have nothing to lose anymore, so trust me when I say I will stop at nothing to make sure justice is served for the way Silicon Valley has disenfranchised me, falsely accusing me of being a white supremacist, a Nazi, anti-Muslim, a racist, a bigot, and every other smear in the book. I am banned everywhere. I am banned on Twitter for exposing Jew hatred, I am banned by Uber an Lyft, I am banned from Go fund me, I am banned from Venmo, I am banned from Uber Eats. Essentially I can’t even exist in society because the actual Nazis in tech and on the left constantly ban me because I post facts. How am I supposed to pay my bills? I can’t get a regular job because I have been accused of being a Nazi. Am I supposed to be homeless? I guess these people won’t be happy until I reach a breaking point and just die. Let’s be honest. That’s what these people want. They want me to die from all of the pressure and stress of not being able to live freely in America. They are evil and will stop at nothing to ruin people’s lives. Even the people from Right Wing watch retweet videos and articles posted by people who say they want me to commit suicide. They actively call for me to be assaulted and support people like Montel Williams who advocated for me to be tased to death simply for existing. In the meantime, If you’d like to support my journalism so that I can just pay my bills on top of paying off some of the nearly $40,000 of credit card debt I’ve acquired from trying to pay for my investigations & videos which expose these people and their hypocrisy, you can do so here by sending me a check to this address: Laura Loomer P.O. Box 1029, Lake Worth, Florida 33460 They want me to be homeless & die!
A post shared by Laura Loomer (@loomered) on
In her post, Loomer blamed her removal on a recent story by Right Wing Watch outlining her relationship with the anti-Muslim group United West, including donations the group purportedly sent her that Loomer asserts she never received. She goes on to claim she’s hired a lawyer to “[sue] all the Left wing terrorists and tech tyrants who are trying to shut me down simply because I am a Conservative Jewish woman who speaks truth about Islam.”
The remainder of her post outlines a supposed elaborate left-wing conspiracy led by the “actual Nazis in tech” whose efforts won’t be satisfied until Loomer becomes unable to support herself online because of all the negative press, ends up homeless as a result, and dies. She includes a P.O. Box address at the end for any fans who do not wish to see that happen.
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.