- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
Brad Parscale, who reportedly has been named President Donald Trump’s campaign manager for his 2020 reelection campaign, liked a tweet on Tuesday where someone referred to the president as an “idiot.”
Parscale, the head of Trump’s 2016 digital operation, was named the campaign manager for the president’s upcoming reelection campaign, according to reports. However, on Tuesday, Parscale made a curious like on Twitter, especially considering his future employment.
Twitter user @ashish_space replied to Trump’s tweet where he quoted Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who said he was “skeptical” about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and the obstruction of justice claims made after the president fired former FBI Director James Comey.
The tweet by Trump was one of several the president sent on Tuesday morning.
Idiot— Ashish Jena (@ashish_space) February 27, 2018
Update 3:42pm CT, Feb. 27: It appears @ashish_space deleted their tweet to Trump.
While @ashish_space’s tweet was one of 9,400 replies to Trump’s tweet on Tuesday, one of the eight likes it received was from Parscale’s Twitter account.
Here’s another look:
@ashish_jena told the Daily Dot over Twitter that he does think President Trump is an idiot and was “surprised” by Parscale’s like.
“Those are my views. He is surely not my president.”
It’s a view that he’s reiterated often.
Parscale has been lauded for his digital-media savvy, but liking a tweet calling your boss an “idiot” is not the way you probably want to kick off your employment.
Parscale did not respond to a request for comment.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).