- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs 2 Years Ago
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other 2 Years Ago
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west 2 Years Ago
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations 2 Years Ago
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
- ‘The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ is for stans only Today 9:28 AM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ live-action redesign is a marked improvement Today 9:01 AM
- U.S. gamers create as much carbon dioxide as 5 million cars Today 8:28 AM
- Disney+ TV characters like Ms. Marvel will appear in MCU movies Today 8:04 AM
- Apple TV+ offers something for younger viewers with ‘Helpsters’ Today 8:01 AM
Brad Parscale, who reportedly has been named President Donald Trump’s campaign manager for his 2020 reelection campaign, liked a tweet on Tuesday where someone referred to the president as an “idiot.”
Parscale, the head of Trump’s 2016 digital operation, was named the campaign manager for the president’s upcoming reelection campaign, according to reports. However, on Tuesday, Parscale made a curious like on Twitter, especially considering his future employment.
Twitter user @ashish_space replied to Trump’s tweet where he quoted Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who said he was “skeptical” about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and the obstruction of justice claims made after the president fired former FBI Director James Comey.
The tweet by Trump was one of several the president sent on Tuesday morning.
Idiot— Ashish Jena (@ashish_space) February 27, 2018
Update 3:42pm CT, Feb. 27: It appears @ashish_space deleted their tweet to Trump.
While @ashish_space’s tweet was one of 9,400 replies to Trump’s tweet on Tuesday, one of the eight likes it received was from Parscale’s Twitter account.
Here’s another look:
@ashish_jena told the Daily Dot over Twitter that he does think President Trump is an idiot and was “surprised” by Parscale’s like.
“Those are my views. He is surely not my president.”
It’s a view that he’s reiterated often.
Parscale has been lauded for his digital-media savvy, but liking a tweet calling your boss an “idiot” is not the way you probably want to kick off your employment.
Parscale did not respond to a request for comment.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).