- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
Trump’s 2020 campaign manager liked a tweet calling the president an ‘idiot’
Brad Parscale, who reportedly has been named President Donald Trump’s campaign manager for his 2020 reelection campaign, liked a tweet on Tuesday where someone referred to the president as an “idiot.”
Parscale, the head of Trump’s 2016 digital operation, was named the campaign manager for the president’s upcoming reelection campaign, according to reports. However, on Tuesday, Parscale made a curious like on Twitter, especially considering his future employment.
Twitter user @ashish_space replied to Trump’s tweet where he quoted Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who said he was “skeptical” about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and the obstruction of justice claims made after the president fired former FBI Director James Comey.
The tweet by Trump was one of several the president sent on Tuesday morning.
— Ashish Jena (@ashish_space) February 27, 2018
Update 3:42pm CT, Feb. 27: It appears @ashish_space deleted their tweet to Trump.
While @ashish_space’s tweet was one of 9,400 replies to Trump’s tweet on Tuesday, one of the eight likes it received was from Parscale’s Twitter account.
Here’s another look:
@ashish_jena told the Daily Dot over Twitter that he does think President Trump is an idiot and was “surprised” by Parscale’s like.
“Those are my views. He is surely not my president.”
It’s a view that he’s reiterated often.
Parscale has been lauded for his digital-media savvy, but liking a tweet calling your boss an “idiot” is not the way you probably want to kick off your employment.
Parscale did not respond to a request for comment.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).