- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Tuesday 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Tuesday 1:25 PM
Trump’s 2020 campaign manager liked a tweet calling the president an ‘idiot’
Brad Parscale, who reportedly has been named President Donald Trump’s campaign manager for his 2020 reelection campaign, liked a tweet on Tuesday where someone referred to the president as an “idiot.”
Parscale, the head of Trump’s 2016 digital operation, was named the campaign manager for the president’s upcoming reelection campaign, according to reports. However, on Tuesday, Parscale made a curious like on Twitter, especially considering his future employment.
Twitter user @ashish_space replied to Trump’s tweet where he quoted Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who said he was “skeptical” about collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and the obstruction of justice claims made after the president fired former FBI Director James Comey.
The tweet by Trump was one of several the president sent on Tuesday morning.
— Ashish Jena (@ashish_space) February 27, 2018
Update 3:42pm CT, Feb. 27: It appears @ashish_space deleted their tweet to Trump.
While @ashish_space’s tweet was one of 9,400 replies to Trump’s tweet on Tuesday, one of the eight likes it received was from Parscale’s Twitter account.
Here’s another look:
@ashish_jena told the Daily Dot over Twitter that he does think President Trump is an idiot and was “surprised” by Parscale’s like.
“Those are my views. He is surely not my president.”
It’s a view that he’s reiterated often.
Parscale has been lauded for his digital-media savvy, but liking a tweet calling your boss an “idiot” is not the way you probably want to kick off your employment.
Parscale did not respond to a request for comment.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).