- How to clear your search history on Instagram 3 Years Ago
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
Omar Mateen reportedly pledged support to ISIS on Facebook before Orlando shooting
Reports show he pledged allegiance to ISIS before entering Pulse Nightclub
CBS News obtained the alleged message Mateen posted to social media before his attack.
It was reported earlier that Mateen declared allegiance to ISIS and leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in 911 calls made during the attack early Sunday morning. Mateen also made calls to local Orlando news stations saying that he committed the shooting for the Islamic State and then began speaking Arabic.
“At the time, I didn’t know what he was saying,” Matthew Gentili, the producer at News 13 who received Mateen’s call, said. “He was speaking so fast. But it was … he was speaking fluently. Whatever language he was speaking, he knew it. And he was speaking it very quickly. And that is when I said to him, ‘Sir. Please. Speak in English, please.'”
According to ABC, reports of the Facebook post first circulated on Tuesday morning, and four Facebook accounts have been linked to Mateen.
The official radio station for ISIS, Al-Bayan, said Monday morning, “Over 100 Crusaders killed and injured after an attack on their gathering at a night club in America … We begin from America, where Allah has enabled brother Omar Mateen, one of the soldiers of the Caliphate in America, to carry out a raid where he was able to infiltrate a Crusaders’ gathering at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Allah enabled him to inflict heavy casualties amongst the filthy Crusaders. He killed and injured over a hundred of them. This is the biggest raid to be carried in America after the raid of Manhattan 16 years ago. All praise to Allah.”