- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise 2 Years Ago
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
Wednesday at the South Shore Cultural Center in Chicago, former President Barrack Obama and wife Michelle unveiled the $500 million design for the 44th presidential library, expected to be completed by 2021 in Chicago.
The Obama Presidential Center, a site that could stretch up to 225,000 square feet, will feature a library with collections of documents and other artifacts from Obama’s time at the White House, plus a museum with an exhibition space and meeting rooms, an auditorium, restaurant, and public park.
The architects that won the commission among 140 participants in 2016 are from local firm Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects. Mayor Rahm Emanuel and hundreds of residents attended the unveiling, which included a 3D model.
This will be the first presidential library to be built in an urban setting, just 10 miles from downtown on the South Side.
The nonprofit overseeing the project, the Obama Foundation, told the Chicago Tribune that the center will be “a working center for civic engagement and a place to inspire people and communities to create change.”
H/T Business Insider
Anastassia Gliadkovskaya is a lifestyle and politics reporter. Her work has been published by Empire State Tribune and Urban Watch magazine.