- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
What happens when you offer the president some weed
Barack Obama, an admitted one-time pot smoker, couldn’t hold back a big laugh at this.
Barack Obama, an admitted pot smoker who is currently serving as the 44th president of the U.S., couldn’t hold back a big laugh when he was offered a hit during a visit to a Denver bar on Tuesday.
Instagram user manton89 has taken credit for the act of generosity. Check it out.
Even though recreational marijuana became legal in Colorado at the beginning of this year, manton89 should watch his step: The substance is still prohibited by federal law, and Obama is, after all, a federal official.
The president has had a sense of humor about the topic in the past. For those of us who are a little hazy-headed and might not remember, let’s take a trip down memory lane to 2006, when then-Senator Obama talked about getting high.
While in Denver, Obama also shook hands with a person wearing a trippy horse mask and destroyed Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in a game of pool.
Manton89 can take solace in the fact that he is not the first Coloradoan whose marijuana-related offer was rejected by the president. In January, Rep. Jared Polis invited Obama to tour one of the state’s legal weed dispensaries, but the POTUS didn’t go for it.
Photo by Steve Jurvetson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Fran Berkman is a technology reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focused on cryptocurrencies and internet freedom. In April 2017, he joined BuzzFeed as the deputy director of news curation.