- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
Barack Obama, an admitted one-time pot smoker, couldn’t hold back a big laugh at this.
Barack Obama, an admitted pot smoker who is currently serving as the 44th president of the U.S., couldn’t hold back a big laugh when he was offered a hit during a visit to a Denver bar on Tuesday.
Instagram user manton89 has taken credit for the act of generosity. Check it out.
Even though recreational marijuana became legal in Colorado at the beginning of this year, manton89 should watch his step: The substance is still prohibited by federal law, and Obama is, after all, a federal official.
The president has had a sense of humor about the topic in the past. For those of us who are a little hazy-headed and might not remember, let’s take a trip down memory lane to 2006, when then-Senator Obama talked about getting high.
While in Denver, Obama also shook hands with a person wearing a trippy horse mask and destroyed Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in a game of pool.
Manton89 can take solace in the fact that he is not the first Coloradoan whose marijuana-related offer was rejected by the president. In January, Rep. Jared Polis invited Obama to tour one of the state’s legal weed dispensaries, but the POTUS didn’t go for it.
Photo by Steve Jurvetson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Fran Berkman is a technology reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focused on cryptocurrencies and internet freedom. In April 2017, he joined BuzzFeed as the deputy director of news curation.