- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Today 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Today 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Today 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
Everyone can stop eating exactly seven almonds now in hopes of having at least one thing in common with President Barack Obama.
I am having 7 almonds right now, just like Obama.
— Cary Barbor (@Bksandauthors) July 13, 2016
In an interview that aired Thursday on Today, the president confirmed that he’s not super particular about the exact amount of nuts he consumes each night, as the New York Times previously claimed he was.
“A lot of people were interested to learn that you have a late-night snack every night of exactly seven almonds,” Savannah Guthrie said to Obama. “Why not eight?”
Obama then preceded to set the record straight.
“Well, this is an example of the weird way that the press works,” Obama said. “So, Michelle and Sam Kass—who was our chef here—one night they were talking about me and teasing me about how disciplined I was, that I didn’t have potato chips or I didn’t have a piece of cake.”
Obama continued: “And this is when Michelle said, ‘Yes, and he just has seven almonds. That’s it.’ To really drive home the point that I needed to loosen up a little bit. And Sam relayed this joke to the New York Times in the article, and somehow it was relayed as if I was counting out … the seven almonds.”
Don’t worry, POTUS fans. Obama still loves almonds, he just doesn’t count out how many he eats each day. And if you’re looking to feel like a tad bit closer to the president himself, keep munching and treat yourself to more than seven almonds a night.
“Almonds are a good snack. I strongly recommend them,” Obama said. “I am so glad I had this opportunity. … This has been really weighing on me.”