- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder 3 Years Ago
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
You’ve never seen the George W. Bush administration quite like this before.
The U.S. National Archives recently released 365 never-before-seen photos from that fateful day. Included in the photos are then-National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, former President Bush, and other top administration officials.
The pictures, taken by the former vice president’s staff photographer, were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Most of the photos were taken in the President’s Emergency Operations Center (PEOC) or during Cheney’s trip to Camp David.
Now, nearly 14 years later, you can still feel the tension in the room as America’s leaders struggled to respond to this violent change in history.
1) Vice President Cheney in the President’s Emergency Operations Center
2) President Bush, Cheney, and National Security Advisor Rice in the PEOC
3) Cheney, Rice and senior staff
4) Cheney and his wife, Lynn, in the PEOC
5) Secretary of State Colin Powell in the PEOC
6) Bush with Cheney in the PEOC
7) Cheney in the PEOC
8) Bush and Cheney talk in the PEOC
9) Cheney and Rice
10) Cheney with Rice, White House advisor Karen Hughes, and couselor to Cheney, Mary Matalin
11) CIA Director George Tenet listens to Bush address the nation
12) Bush meets with his national security team
Photo via U.S. National Archives (PD)
Once named one of Forbes’ 20 Under 20 and hired as a staff writer for the Daily Dot when he was still a senior in high school, William Turton is a rising tech reporter focusing on information security, hacking culture, and politics. Since leaving the Daily Dot in April 2016, his work has appeared on Gizmodo, the Outline, and Vice News Tonight on HBO.