- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar 2 Weeks Ago
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 2 Weeks Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
Natural News founder calls for military uprising after Facebook removes its page
Natural News founder suggests Trump should use the military to “occupy and dismantle the tech giants.”
On Sunday, Facebook removed the page for Natural News, a popular website that focuses on health-related conspiracy theories.
While Facebook has yet to comment on the removal, the page, which boasted almost 3 million followers, was taken down just one day after the site was profiled by the Daily Beast.
The conspiracy site has had a long history of promoting everything from anti-vaccination content to homeopathic treatments for Ebola, although the site in recent years has taken a larger focus on politics and defending President Donald Trump.
In response to the ban, Natural News founder Mike Adams, known online as “The Health Ranger,” blamed the incident on “techno-fascists” in a post on his website.
“The techno-fascists, including Wikipedia, have decided that no speech that questions any official narrative will be allowed on any platform,” Adams wrote. “Anyone who questions the safety of toxic vaccines, 5G cell towers, geoengineering, chemotherapy or glyphosate weed killer chemicals is now maliciously attacked, smeared, and de-platformed.”
Natural News had previously had its accounts removed from Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest, among others.
“Every website or individual who expresses any view of dissent against the corrupt scientific establishment is immediately labeled ‘fake news,’ even as the left-wing media routinely pushed total fabrications about President Trump and anyone who supports Trump,” Adams continued.
The Health Ranger went on to compare numerous tech CEOs, including Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter’s Jack Dorsey, to authoritarian leaders such as Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin.
“These criminals like Zuckerberg, Dorsey, and [Tim] Cook are un-elected, subject to zero transparency and offer no mechanism for due process whereby channels who are banned might defend themselves against unfair, dishonest smears or fake news attacks run by left-wing journo-terrorism hacks,” Adams said.
The Daily Dot reached out to Facebook for comment but did not receive a reply.
The removal of Natural News comes after Facebook banned individuals it considered to be dangerous, including right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
- Facebook lawyer says users ‘have no expectation of privacy’
Facebook shareholders’ meeting met with massive ‘Fire Zuck’ projection protest
- Facebook is still letting border militias organize on its platform
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.