- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar 4 Months Ago
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC 4 Months Ago
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Today 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Today 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Today 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Today 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Today 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
On Sunday, Facebook removed the page for Natural News, a popular website that focuses on health-related conspiracy theories.
While Facebook has yet to comment on the removal, the page, which boasted almost 3 million followers, was taken down just one day after the site was profiled by the Daily Beast.
The conspiracy site has had a long history of promoting everything from anti-vaccination content to homeopathic treatments for Ebola, although the site in recent years has taken a larger focus on politics and defending President Donald Trump.
In response to the ban, Natural News founder Mike Adams, known online as “The Health Ranger,” blamed the incident on “techno-fascists” in a post on his website.
“The techno-fascists, including Wikipedia, have decided that no speech that questions any official narrative will be allowed on any platform,” Adams wrote. “Anyone who questions the safety of toxic vaccines, 5G cell towers, geoengineering, chemotherapy or glyphosate weed killer chemicals is now maliciously attacked, smeared, and de-platformed.”
Natural News had previously had its accounts removed from Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest, among others.
“Every website or individual who expresses any view of dissent against the corrupt scientific establishment is immediately labeled ‘fake news,’ even as the left-wing media routinely pushed total fabrications about President Trump and anyone who supports Trump,” Adams continued.
The Health Ranger went on to compare numerous tech CEOs, including Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter’s Jack Dorsey, to authoritarian leaders such as Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin.
“These criminals like Zuckerberg, Dorsey, and [Tim] Cook are un-elected, subject to zero transparency and offer no mechanism for due process whereby channels who are banned might defend themselves against unfair, dishonest smears or fake news attacks run by left-wing journo-terrorism hacks,” Adams said.
The Daily Dot reached out to Facebook for comment but did not receive a reply.
The removal of Natural News comes after Facebook banned individuals it considered to be dangerous, including right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
- Facebook lawyer says users ‘have no expectation of privacy’
Facebook shareholders’ meeting met with massive ‘Fire Zuck’ projection protest
- Facebook is still letting border militias organize on its platform
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.