- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge 3 Months Ago
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
In nearly three years in office, President Donald Trump has rarely ventured outside the White House into Washington, D.C., save for crossing the street to the hotel he owns.
Perhaps now we know why.
With the Washington Nationals in the World Series, Trump decided to attend Game 5 against the Houston Astros. He surrounded himself in a luxury box with wounded veterans and Republican sycophants.
And when he was introduced during the game, the crowd—which has been ornery after back-to-back losses—made themselves heard.
Trump booed pic.twitter.com/9yFGKYjkga— Jesse Yomtov (@JesseYomtov) October 28, 2019
Some think his face turned into a grimace when he heard it. You be the judge.
it is not enough but i do enjoy watching his face change when he realizes he is being booed https://t.co/d7Mmn3Lm2r— more stew than man (@NoraReed) October 28, 2019
Look how Trump’s face changes when he realizes an entire stadium is booing him pic.twitter.com/E46rzbzmbl— Arlen Parsa (@arlenparsa) October 28, 2019
But one thing is certain. With the president facing impeachment in the House, the crowd let him have a taste of his own medicine.
The Nats are currently losing 4-0.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]