- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions 5 Months Ago
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update 5 Months Ago
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Today 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Today 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Today 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Today 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Today 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Today 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Today 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Today 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Today 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Today 10:16 AM
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
Flynn will share the stage with an international group of right-wing stars.
Fringe right-wing media outlet the Gateway Pundit is behind the three-day event and wants to present Flynn with an “Award for Service to America.”
Flynn pled guilty in December 2017 to lying to the FBI in January 2017 about his contact with Russian officials and was charged by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading an investigation into allegations of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election. He is expected to be sentenced later this month.
The Gateway Pundit, run by Jim Hoft, is known to promote a hyper-partisan and conspiratorial right-wing narrative. The website has notoriously pushed false information during mass shooting incidents, for example, framing perpetrators os such crimes as left-wing or claiming victims were crisis actors.
This particular bent is reflected in the conference line-up.
Flynn will not only share the stage with several controversial far-right party leaders from Europe but with popular American conservative media personalities and provocateurs like Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and James O’Keefe of Project Veritas fame.
The seminars and lectures cover a variety of topics, with titles such as “The Fraud of Transgenderism” and “They’re Back! The Ten Commandments as the Foundation of Law”—a talk that will directly follow Flynn’s presentation.
It was Trump himself who tweeted links to the Gateway Pundit on 14 occasions during the presidential election and even referenced an article in his Republican nomination acceptance speech. So it’s unsurprising that someone so close to Trump, like Flynn, would not only be honored with an award, but that they would also turn up to collect it.
H/T the Daily Beast
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.