- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA 9 Months Ago
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? 9 Months Ago
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
Flynn will share the stage with an international group of right-wing stars.
Fringe right-wing media outlet the Gateway Pundit is behind the three-day event and wants to present Flynn with an “Award for Service to America.”
Flynn pled guilty in December 2017 to lying to the FBI in January 2017 about his contact with Russian officials and was charged by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading an investigation into allegations of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election. He is expected to be sentenced later this month.
The Gateway Pundit, run by Jim Hoft, is known to promote a hyper-partisan and conspiratorial right-wing narrative. The website has notoriously pushed false information during mass shooting incidents, for example, framing perpetrators os such crimes as left-wing or claiming victims were crisis actors.
This particular bent is reflected in the conference line-up.
Flynn will not only share the stage with several controversial far-right party leaders from Europe but with popular American conservative media personalities and provocateurs like Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and James O’Keefe of Project Veritas fame.
The seminars and lectures cover a variety of topics, with titles such as “The Fraud of Transgenderism” and “They’re Back! The Ten Commandments as the Foundation of Law”—a talk that will directly follow Flynn’s presentation.
It was Trump himself who tweeted links to the Gateway Pundit on 14 occasions during the presidential election and even referenced an article in his Republican nomination acceptance speech. So it’s unsurprising that someone so close to Trump, like Flynn, would not only be honored with an award, but that they would also turn up to collect it.
H/T the Daily Beast
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.