- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Melania Trump planting a tree in stilettos inspires her latest gardening meme
The newest viral photo shows Trump breaking ground at a tree planting ceremony last Monday on the White House’s South Lawn, HuffPost reports. In addition to the Christian Louboutin pumps, her gardening outfit included a Valentino floral skirt worth more than $4,500, according to the Independent.
People on Reddit, in particular, came up with some brilliant Photoshopped variations on the first lady’s image as part of an editing battle.
People on Twitter, too, put their own spin on the meme. Some referenced Trump’s anti-cyberbullying “Be Best” campaign.
Not the be-best way to do the gardening. pic.twitter.com/JpadruQVW9— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) September 2, 2018
Are those your gardening stilettos? #bebest Melania.— Wendi kushner (@Wbkushner) August 28, 2018
Others were particularly concerned about her choice of footwear for the occasion. Seriously, how did her stilettos not get stuck in the dirt?
With those shoes, why didn’t you just aerate the entire grounds?— Dana Goldberg (@DGComedy) August 28, 2018
everyone's ragging on Melania for her choice of gardening shoes so I've put together a few suggestions for more practical and meaningful footwear, since she likes expressing herself with clothes. pic.twitter.com/jvTlIgqznH— t naske (@Laodicean_) September 2, 2018
In July, Trump pretended to have a green thumb in Michelle Obama’s vegetable garden. At least that time she wore more practical—if comically pristine—sneakers.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
- Donald Trump memes are making the internet great again
- The best Joe Biden memes that stand the test of time
- The best memes of 2018 (so far)
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.