- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Melania Trump planting a tree in stilettos inspires her latest gardening meme
The newest viral photo shows Trump breaking ground at a tree planting ceremony last Monday on the White House’s South Lawn, HuffPost reports. In addition to the Christian Louboutin pumps, her gardening outfit included a Valentino floral skirt worth more than $4,500, according to the Independent.
People on Reddit, in particular, came up with some brilliant Photoshopped variations on the first lady’s image as part of an editing battle.
People on Twitter, too, put their own spin on the meme. Some referenced Trump’s anti-cyberbullying “Be Best” campaign.
Not the be-best way to do the gardening. pic.twitter.com/JpadruQVW9
— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) September 2, 2018
Are those your gardening stilettos? #bebest Melania.
— Wendi kushner (@Wbkushner) August 28, 2018
Others were particularly concerned about her choice of footwear for the occasion. Seriously, how did her stilettos not get stuck in the dirt?
With those shoes, why didn’t you just aerate the entire grounds?
— Dana Goldberg (@DGComedy) August 28, 2018
everyone's ragging on Melania for her choice of gardening shoes so I've put together a few suggestions for more practical and meaningful footwear, since she likes expressing herself with clothes. pic.twitter.com/jvTlIgqznH
— t naske (@Laodicean_) September 2, 2018
In July, Trump pretended to have a green thumb in Michelle Obama’s vegetable garden. At least that time she wore more practical—if comically pristine—sneakers.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
- Donald Trump memes are making the internet great again
- The best Joe Biden memes that stand the test of time
- The best memes of 2018 (so far)
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.