- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ 1 Year Ago
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
The newest viral photo shows Trump breaking ground at a tree planting ceremony last Monday on the White House’s South Lawn, HuffPost reports. In addition to the Christian Louboutin pumps, her gardening outfit included a Valentino floral skirt worth more than $4,500, according to the Independent.
People on Reddit, in particular, came up with some brilliant Photoshopped variations on the first lady’s image as part of an editing battle.
People on Twitter, too, put their own spin on the meme. Some referenced Trump’s anti-cyberbullying “Be Best” campaign.
Not the be-best way to do the gardening. pic.twitter.com/JpadruQVW9— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) September 2, 2018
Are those your gardening stilettos? #bebest Melania.— Wendi kushner (@Wbkushner) August 28, 2018
Others were particularly concerned about her choice of footwear for the occasion. Seriously, how did her stilettos not get stuck in the dirt?
With those shoes, why didn’t you just aerate the entire grounds?— Dana Goldberg (@DGComedy) August 28, 2018
everyone's ragging on Melania for her choice of gardening shoes so I've put together a few suggestions for more practical and meaningful footwear, since she likes expressing herself with clothes. pic.twitter.com/jvTlIgqznH— t naske (@Laodicean_) September 2, 2018
In July, Trump pretended to have a green thumb in Michelle Obama’s vegetable garden. At least that time she wore more practical—if comically pristine—sneakers.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
- Donald Trump memes are making the internet great again
- The best Joe Biden memes that stand the test of time
- The best memes of 2018 (so far)
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.