- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Melania Trump planting a tree in stilettos inspires her latest gardening meme
The newest viral photo shows Trump breaking ground at a tree planting ceremony last Monday on the White House’s South Lawn, HuffPost reports. In addition to the Christian Louboutin pumps, her gardening outfit included a Valentino floral skirt worth more than $4,500, according to the Independent.
People on Reddit, in particular, came up with some brilliant Photoshopped variations on the first lady’s image as part of an editing battle.
People on Twitter, too, put their own spin on the meme. Some referenced Trump’s anti-cyberbullying “Be Best” campaign.
Not the be-best way to do the gardening. pic.twitter.com/JpadruQVW9
— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) September 2, 2018
Are those your gardening stilettos? #bebest Melania.
— Wendi kushner (@Wbkushner) August 28, 2018
Others were particularly concerned about her choice of footwear for the occasion. Seriously, how did her stilettos not get stuck in the dirt?
With those shoes, why didn’t you just aerate the entire grounds?
— Dana Goldberg (@DGComedy) August 28, 2018
everyone's ragging on Melania for her choice of gardening shoes so I've put together a few suggestions for more practical and meaningful footwear, since she likes expressing herself with clothes. pic.twitter.com/jvTlIgqznH
— t naske (@Laodicean_) September 2, 2018
In July, Trump pretended to have a green thumb in Michelle Obama’s vegetable garden. At least that time she wore more practical—if comically pristine—sneakers.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
- Donald Trump memes are making the internet great again
- The best Joe Biden memes that stand the test of time
- The best memes of 2018 (so far)
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.