- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 3 Months Ago
- How to watch Disney XD online for free 3 Months Ago
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
Frederic Legrand - COMEO/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Last night, the White House released its official guest list for the State of the Union and in it was a boy named “Trump.”
Joshua Trump, to be precise.
In December, the story of Joshua Trump went around the web. The Wilmington, Delaware, boy said he was relentlessly bullied at school for having the same last name as President Donald Trump. Joshua’s parents said kids at his school “curse at him, they call him an idiot, they call him stupid,” all for his name. The harassment, they said, was so relentless they homeschooled Joshua for a year.
According to ABC, Trump returned to school in January under a different last name. But now he’s gonna be thrust in the national spotlight as a guest of Melania Trump, who has started a campaign against cyberbullying as First Lady.
Naturally, people thought this choice was ironic, as her husband enthusiastically ridicules his opponents whenever he has the opportunity.
I can’t wait for Joshua to meet Low IQ Maxine Waters, Crying Chuck Schumer, Crooked Hillary, Pocahontas, Da Nag Blumenthal, Lyin Ted, Little Marco, and Kenyan Born Barack Obama. Be Best!
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) February 5, 2019
But the choice to bring Joshua Trump has a larger significance, coming as a debate rages in the nation over whether people can publicly support the president, given his tone and rhetoric around immigration and people of color.
Supporters of the president naturally disagree with this assessment and believe the hat falls within their right to free expression.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]