- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video 5 Months Ago
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
DoD News/Flickr (CC-BY)
Melania Trump spoke out for the first time about the alleged affairs between her husband, President Donald Trump and various women, including the highly-publicized affair with former adult film star Stormy Daniels. In an interview with ABC News‘s Tom Llamas that is set to air Friday night, Melania discussed her husband’s alleged infidelity.
TONIGHT: First lady Melania Trump sits down for an exclusive interview with @ABC.
— ABC News (@ABC) October 12, 2018
In a clip titled “Being Melania,” the first lady seemed unfazed by a question from Llamas about her husband’s alleged affairs. “It is not concern and focus of mine,” Melania said. “I am a mother and a first lady, and I have much more important things to think about and to do.”
“Have you been hurt though?” Llamas asked.
“It is not always pleasant, of course, but I know what is right and what is wrong, and what is true and not true,” Melania said.
She also reasserted that she has never spoken with Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump’s lawyer. This corroborates a statement that her spokesperson Stephanie Grisham released following an interview with the former New York mayor in June in which he said Melania didn’t believe any of her husband’s accusers.
When asked if she loves her husband, Melania said “Yes, we are fine. Yes.”
The clip posted on Twitter was met with mixed reactions, from those excited to learn more about the reclusive first lady to those that were disinterested in the interview. “Not interested,” one user posted. “She has no platform with experience.” Another user expressed concerns for the response to the interview, saying “SADLY, tomorrow she will likely be insulted picked apart & bullied by #DNC & liberal women of #metoo #fakefeminism.”
Not interested. She has no platform with experience, except to look pretty next 2 #45. Superficial with no substance. Made rich thru marriage with no purpose or passion.
— Lillian Rollins (@RollinsLillian) October 12, 2018
What exactly has she done for America so far. Seriously she has hidden out and haven't seen one good deed from her. An interview about her whining she is bullied blah blah blah
— Debra Brinkman (@Mimisangels5) October 12, 2018
— ArbitrarySpeaker (@ArbitrarySpeak) October 12, 2018
The most kind, elegant and beautiful @FLOTUS since Jackie O. FLOTUS Africian visit with all the children was so sweet and nurturing. The African safari and Egyptian could be a Ralph Lauren Advertisement. But no magazine feels the need to put her on the covers hmmm.
— marilyn – Vote Marsha Blackburn TN (@mpd4256) October 12, 2018
Donald Trump has been accused of sexual misconduct by 19 women, all of which he has denied. When Melania was asked by Llamas if she supports the #MeToo movement, she said yes.
“We need to support them, and, you know, also men. Not just women,” she said. But, she added, “You need to have really hard evidence.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.