- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
Chrissy Teigen was among the first to contribute to yet another meme of the first lady.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
The image shows Trump in an expensive Balmain plaid shirt and clean Converse sneakers, looking unnaturally posed as she tends to the White House Kitchen Garden that Obama founded, Business Insider reports
Twitter users took the opportunity to mock the first lady’s totally natural, not at all contrived stance.
“I love the outdoors.” pic.twitter.com/gZ002fdqKf— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) July 31, 2018
The reason no one likes Melania because she clearly hates everything. pic.twitter.com/hMGhutHkiC— Talia (@2020fight) July 31, 2018
When your H-1B visa application says your special skill is "r̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶ gardening" but you hate dirt. pic.twitter.com/ZEtUhZRj1Q— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) July 31, 2018
me making sure the barista sees me put money in the tip jar pic.twitter.com/Sao2B0DkfR— Alyssa Limperis (@alyssalimp) July 31, 2018
This isn’t the first time Trump’s been criticized for the gardening outfit. Her tartan top sparked outrage for its $1,380 price tag when the photos first circulated last September.
“I question the morals and wisdom of someone who spends $1K+ on a gardening shirt that looks like something you can buy in Target for < $20,” one user wrote.
I question the morals and wisdom of someone who spends $1K+ on a gardening shirt that looks like something you can buy in Target for < $20.— Tara Panella (@tilted_axis) September 23, 2017
Worker earning federal minimum wage working 40hours/week: monthly after tax income would be less than the cost of this casual work shirt.— Mrs. Goozman (@GlendaGoozman) September 22, 2017
Last month, Trump came under fire for wearing a jacket with the words “I DON’T REALLY CARE, DO U?” scrawled on the back before her visit to a shelter for immigrant children at the Texas-Mexico border.
"I really don't chore, do u?" pic.twitter.com/pFOxo1360H— Ryan Adams 🎞️🏳️🌈 (@filmystic) July 31, 2018
H/T Business Insider
Kristina Nguyen is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. She is studying journalism and American studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She has previously contributed to Orange magazine and Silk Club's QUIET! zine.