- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Chrissy Teigen was among the first to contribute to yet another meme of the first lady.
these look exactly like my workout soles. because i work out as much as this chick gardens pic.twitter.com/s2mwLKRK7b— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 31, 2018
The image shows Trump in an expensive Balmain plaid shirt and clean Converse sneakers, looking unnaturally posed as she tends to the White House Kitchen Garden that Obama founded, Business Insider reports
Twitter users took the opportunity to mock the first lady’s totally natural, not at all contrived stance.
“I love the outdoors.” pic.twitter.com/gZ002fdqKf— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) July 31, 2018
The reason no one likes Melania because she clearly hates everything. pic.twitter.com/hMGhutHkiC— Talia (@2020fight) July 31, 2018
When your H-1B visa application says your special skill is "r̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶ gardening" but you hate dirt. pic.twitter.com/ZEtUhZRj1Q— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) July 31, 2018
me making sure the barista sees me put money in the tip jar pic.twitter.com/Sao2B0DkfR— Alyssa Limperis (@alyssalimp) July 31, 2018
This isn’t the first time Trump’s been criticized for the gardening outfit. Her tartan top sparked outrage for its $1,380 price tag when the photos first circulated last September.
“I question the morals and wisdom of someone who spends $1K+ on a gardening shirt that looks like something you can buy in Target for < $20,” one user wrote.
I question the morals and wisdom of someone who spends $1K+ on a gardening shirt that looks like something you can buy in Target for < $20.— Tara Panella (@tilted_axis) September 23, 2017
Worker earning federal minimum wage working 40hours/week: monthly after tax income would be less than the cost of this casual work shirt.— Mrs. Goozman (@GlendaGoozman) September 22, 2017
Last month, Trump came under fire for wearing a jacket with the words “I DON’T REALLY CARE, DO U?” scrawled on the back before her visit to a shelter for immigrant children at the Texas-Mexico border.
"I really don't chore, do u?" pic.twitter.com/pFOxo1360H— Ryan Adams 🎞️🏳️🌈 (@filmystic) July 31, 2018
H/T Business Insider
Kristina Nguyen is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. She is studying journalism and American studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She has previously contributed to Orange magazine and Silk Club's QUIET! zine.