- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
NBC later confirmed the move in a press release. Kelly worked at Fox News for 12 years and became one of its highest-profile stars. Fox News had reportedly offered her $20 million to renew her contract with the conservative cable news network.
“Megyn is an exceptional journalist and news anchor, who has had an extraordinary career” Andrew Lack, chairman of the NBCUniversal News Group, said in a statement. “She’s demonstrated tremendous skill and poise, and we’re lucky to have her.”
Kelly will host a Sunday night news show and her own daytime news program, sources from the network told the Times. Kelly denied rumors last month that her departure from Fox News was imminent following a shakeup at the network.
President-Elect Donald Trump attacked the popular anchor of Fox News’ The Kelly File was attacked on Twitter after she questioned Trump’s treatment of women during last year’s presidential primary debates.
Kelly later revealed that Trump was also “angry” at her because of a segment she ran during her show about his divorce from Ivana Trump.
“Ultimately, I said, ‘Look, Mr. Trump, you don’t control the editorial in ‘The Kelly File,’” Kelly told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in November. “And that was it. He said, ‘That’s it. You’re a disgrace. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.’ And then, he said, ‘Oh, I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account against you and I still may.’”
Kelly’s contract with Fox News does not expire until this summer, and it is not yet clear when her role at NBC News will begin.
Amrita Khalid is a technology and politics reporter who specializes in breaking down complex issues into practical, useful terms. A former contributor to CQ, a Congressional news and analysis site, she's currently a master's candidate in international relations at the University of Leeds.