- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
Former provocative leader of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a pretty innocuous Twitter presence.
But on Thursday, Ahmadinejad decided to wish former singer Michael Jackson a happy birthday by tweeting the lyrics to Man In The Mirror, and it caught the attention of some people on Twitter.
“‘I’m starting with the man in the mirror I’m asking him to change his way’ #HB #MJ” he wrote on Thursday morning.
Oddly enough, this isn’t the first time Ahmadinejad and Jackson have been linked. In 2010, the former Iranian president’s website was hacked by someone who appeared to be a fan of the singer, according to MTV.
A message was left on Ahmadinejad’s website lamenting that Jackson died and asking God not to “forget” about the Iranian president.
Regardless, Thursday’s tweet had some people wondering what was going on.
WHAT IS HAPPENING https://t.co/UpfgFyGtVP— Captain Haggerty (@AngelaHaggerty) August 29, 2019
Someday I want to meet whomever it is that manages Ahmadinejad's Twitter account. So many questions.... https://t.co/FAK7FEpdhe— Suzanne Maloney (@MaloneySuzanne) August 29, 2019
well this is wierd https://t.co/55hE0VfvA3— Jared Cook (@jkimballcook) August 29, 2019
What a time to be alive https://t.co/1KTOL8DKIo— Redacted Lobster (@Eytan___) August 29, 2019
Is mercury in retrograde or what https://t.co/L0aUV6CTK4— Paul Duane (@MrPaulDuane) August 29, 2019
When you think nothing can surprise you anymore... Ahmadinejad comes out as a Michael Jackson fan. 2019 has been weird, man. https://t.co/vtjrEpHojy— Carla Prado (@carlaprado25) August 29, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).