- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Former provocative leader of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a pretty innocuous Twitter presence.
But on Thursday, Ahmadinejad decided to wish former singer Michael Jackson a happy birthday by tweeting the lyrics to Man In The Mirror, and it caught the attention of some people on Twitter.
“‘I’m starting with the man in the mirror I’m asking him to change his way’ #HB #MJ” he wrote on Thursday morning.
Oddly enough, this isn’t the first time Ahmadinejad and Jackson have been linked. In 2010, the former Iranian president’s website was hacked by someone who appeared to be a fan of the singer, according to MTV.
A message was left on Ahmadinejad’s website lamenting that Jackson died and asking God not to “forget” about the Iranian president.
Regardless, Thursday’s tweet had some people wondering what was going on.
WHAT IS HAPPENING https://t.co/UpfgFyGtVP— Captain Haggerty (@AngelaHaggerty) August 29, 2019
Someday I want to meet whomever it is that manages Ahmadinejad's Twitter account. So many questions.... https://t.co/FAK7FEpdhe— Suzanne Maloney (@MaloneySuzanne) August 29, 2019
well this is wierd https://t.co/55hE0VfvA3— Jared Cook (@jkimballcook) August 29, 2019
What a time to be alive https://t.co/1KTOL8DKIo— Redacted Lobster (@Eytan___) August 29, 2019
Is mercury in retrograde or what https://t.co/L0aUV6CTK4— Paul Duane (@MrPaulDuane) August 29, 2019
When you think nothing can surprise you anymore... Ahmadinejad comes out as a Michael Jackson fan. 2019 has been weird, man. https://t.co/vtjrEpHojy— Carla Prado (@carlaprado25) August 29, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).