- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help 3 Weeks Ago
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons 3 Weeks Ago
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes 3 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
Former provocative leader of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a pretty innocuous Twitter presence.
But on Thursday, Ahmadinejad decided to wish former singer Michael Jackson a happy birthday by tweeting the lyrics to Man In The Mirror, and it caught the attention of some people on Twitter.
“‘I’m starting with the man in the mirror I’m asking him to change his way’ #HB #MJ” he wrote on Thursday morning.
Oddly enough, this isn’t the first time Ahmadinejad and Jackson have been linked. In 2010, the former Iranian president’s website was hacked by someone who appeared to be a fan of the singer, according to MTV.
A message was left on Ahmadinejad’s website lamenting that Jackson died and asking God not to “forget” about the Iranian president.
Regardless, Thursday’s tweet had some people wondering what was going on.
WHAT IS HAPPENING https://t.co/UpfgFyGtVP— Captain Haggerty (@AngelaHaggerty) August 29, 2019
Someday I want to meet whomever it is that manages Ahmadinejad's Twitter account. So many questions.... https://t.co/FAK7FEpdhe— Suzanne Maloney (@MaloneySuzanne) August 29, 2019
well this is wierd https://t.co/55hE0VfvA3— Jared Cook (@jkimballcook) August 29, 2019
What a time to be alive https://t.co/1KTOL8DKIo— Redacted Lobster (@Eytan___) August 29, 2019
Is mercury in retrograde or what https://t.co/L0aUV6CTK4— Paul Duane (@MrPaulDuane) August 29, 2019
When you think nothing can surprise you anymore... Ahmadinejad comes out as a Michael Jackson fan. 2019 has been weird, man. https://t.co/vtjrEpHojy— Carla Prado (@carlaprado25) August 29, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).