- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
“It was a counter-intelligence investigation before now, it seems to me now to be considered a criminal investigation,” Graham said in an interview on Thursday.
Graham’s remarks came after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel to the Russian investigation. Graham stressed the fact he did not believe a special prosecutor was needed in a counter-intelligence investigation.
With a special counsel, Congress loses authority in its role in the investigation. Graham says it’s hard to subpoena witnesses under the committee, and notes that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has a right “not to incriminate himself.” He likewise pointed the finger at his colleagues in Congress, whom he suggested didn’t understand the ramifications of a special counsel.
“Congress’ ability to conduct investigations of all-things Russia has been several limited,” Graham said.
For his part, Trump has gone as far to say the special counsel is the “single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history.”
Nidia Cavazos is a multimedia journalist with an emphasis on political reporting. She's contributed to Univision, KXAN, and USA Today College, and she was named one of six NBC Fellows by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists in 2017.