- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer on Monday hopped over the fence at the home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to protest immigration and prove the need for a border fence.
Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer first reported Loomer’s protest and live-tweeted the activity on Pelosi’s property in Napa, California.
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer, last seen chaining herself to Twitter HQ, has jumped the fence at Nancy Pelosi's Napa home and set up a tent protesting immigration. Now she's chanting "Nancy, Nancy!" pic.twitter.com/Te4W2Ut6Pa— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
In the two hours she spent there, Loomer carried a tent around the yard and shouted “Nancy, Nancy!” She also attempted to enter Pelosi’s home but did not because the doors were locked. Loomer was then escorted off the property and issued a warning for trespassing, according to Sommer.
Loomer was accompanied by men she said were undocumented immigrants. Sommer reported that the men did not provide identification to police.
Loomer has claimed the guys in yellow jackets she brought with her are undocumented immigrants. It's not clear whether that's true, but they are getting a lot of attention from the police, appear unable to give ID. One cop says Loomer has really put the guys in a tough spot. pic.twitter.com/nqfz6D9SH2— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
On Twitter, people pointed out the irony of Loomer jumping a fence for her protest. After all, a U.S.-Mexico border fence is at the heart of current immigration debates.
a sobering indictment of a fence's utility to protect from intruders https://t.co/hssy5k6W1U— Alex H. Kasprak (@alexkasprak) January 14, 2019
climbing a fence eh https://t.co/ynVdWIUcnR— ˡᵛˡ ⁴⁵ STASIS POTUS (@thetomzone) January 14, 2019
Loomer did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment. A link on her website shows a live stream from the protest.
In November, the activist made headlines when she handcuffed herself to the doors of Twitter’s New York office to protest being banned from the platform. Twitter allowed her to protest for several hours and did not press charges.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.