- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer on Monday hopped over the fence at the home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to protest immigration and prove the need for a border fence.
Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer first reported Loomer’s protest and live-tweeted the activity on Pelosi’s property in Napa, California.
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer, last seen chaining herself to Twitter HQ, has jumped the fence at Nancy Pelosi's Napa home and set up a tent protesting immigration. Now she's chanting "Nancy, Nancy!" pic.twitter.com/Te4W2Ut6Pa— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
In the two hours she spent there, Loomer carried a tent around the yard and shouted “Nancy, Nancy!” She also attempted to enter Pelosi’s home but did not because the doors were locked. Loomer was then escorted off the property and issued a warning for trespassing, according to Sommer.
Loomer was accompanied by men she said were undocumented immigrants. Sommer reported that the men did not provide identification to police.
Loomer has claimed the guys in yellow jackets she brought with her are undocumented immigrants. It's not clear whether that's true, but they are getting a lot of attention from the police, appear unable to give ID. One cop says Loomer has really put the guys in a tough spot. pic.twitter.com/nqfz6D9SH2— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
On Twitter, people pointed out the irony of Loomer jumping a fence for her protest. After all, a U.S.-Mexico border fence is at the heart of current immigration debates.
a sobering indictment of a fence's utility to protect from intruders https://t.co/hssy5k6W1U— Alex H. Kasprak (@alexkasprak) January 14, 2019
climbing a fence eh https://t.co/ynVdWIUcnR— ˡᵛˡ ⁴⁵ STASIS POTUS (@thetomzone) January 14, 2019
Loomer did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment. A link on her website shows a live stream from the protest.
In November, the activist made headlines when she handcuffed herself to the doors of Twitter’s New York office to protest being banned from the platform. Twitter allowed her to protest for several hours and did not press charges.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.