- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Laura Loomer hops over fence on Nancy Pelosi’s property to protest immigration
She did not face charges.
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer on Monday hopped over the fence at the home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to protest immigration and prove the need for a border fence.
Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer first reported Loomer’s protest and live-tweeted the activity on Pelosi’s property in Napa, California.
Right-wing activist Laura Loomer, last seen chaining herself to Twitter HQ, has jumped the fence at Nancy Pelosi's Napa home and set up a tent protesting immigration. Now she's chanting "Nancy, Nancy!" pic.twitter.com/Te4W2Ut6Pa— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
In the two hours she spent there, Loomer carried a tent around the yard and shouted “Nancy, Nancy!” She also attempted to enter Pelosi’s home but did not because the doors were locked. Loomer was then escorted off the property and issued a warning for trespassing, according to Sommer.
Loomer was accompanied by men she said were undocumented immigrants. Sommer reported that the men did not provide identification to police.
Loomer has claimed the guys in yellow jackets she brought with her are undocumented immigrants. It's not clear whether that's true, but they are getting a lot of attention from the police, appear unable to give ID. One cop says Loomer has really put the guys in a tough spot. pic.twitter.com/nqfz6D9SH2— Will Sommer (@willsommer) January 14, 2019
On Twitter, people pointed out the irony of Loomer jumping a fence for her protest. After all, a U.S.-Mexico border fence is at the heart of current immigration debates.
a sobering indictment of a fence's utility to protect from intruders https://t.co/hssy5k6W1U— Alex H. Kasprak (@alexkasprak) January 14, 2019
climbing a fence eh https://t.co/ynVdWIUcnR— ˡᵛˡ ⁴⁵ STASIS POTUS (@thetomzone) January 14, 2019
Loomer did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment. A link on her website shows a live stream from the protest.
In November, the activist made headlines when she handcuffed herself to the doors of Twitter’s New York office to protest being banned from the platform. Twitter allowed her to protest for several hours and did not press charges.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.