- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Like Huckabee, Welch is a public-facing Christian, making him a natural fit for Huckabee, which airs on religious network TBN. Because he’s a smart man who has used secular rock music to connect with fellow Americans, Huckabee turned the sit-down into a viral moment.
“I interviewed you and I said then: ‘Hey, we gotta do music together sometime,'” Huckabee told Welch of the pair’s initial encounter years back.
Welch played with Huckabee for a rendition of “Blind” from the band’s mid-’90s heyday. There was no guttural screaming of the lyric “Are you ready?” before the drums like longtime Korn heads are used to, but the two did keep time with all the pace of a Guitar Center jam.
Watch Huck play bass below.
And here’s “Blind” at Woodstock ’99 because this is a fair-and-balanced news outlet.
- ‘Huckabee’ is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, lurking on your TV
- Twitter praises Virginia restaurant for asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave
- ‘We’re All Gonna Die,’ Ep. 42: Did Russians really meddle inside Mike Huckabee’s butt?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.