- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football 3 Months Ago
- What are anons? 3 Months Ago
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
Like Huckabee, Welch is a public-facing Christian, making him a natural fit for Huckabee, which airs on religious network TBN. Because he’s a smart man who has used secular rock music to connect with fellow Americans, Huckabee turned the sit-down into a viral moment.
“I interviewed you and I said then: ‘Hey, we gotta do music together sometime,'” Huckabee told Welch of the pair’s initial encounter years back.
Welch played with Huckabee for a rendition of “Blind” from the band’s mid-’90s heyday. There was no guttural screaming of the lyric “Are you ready?” before the drums like longtime Korn heads are used to, but the two did keep time with all the pace of a Guitar Center jam.
Watch Huck play bass below.
And here’s “Blind” at Woodstock ’99 because this is a fair-and-balanced news outlet.
- ‘Huckabee’ is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, lurking on your TV
- Twitter praises Virginia restaurant for asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave
- ‘We’re All Gonna Die,’ Ep. 42: Did Russians really meddle inside Mike Huckabee’s butt?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.