- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Friday 10:16 AM
Sen. Kristen Gillibrand on Trump: ‘Has he kept his promises? No. F**k no.’
She didn’t hold back speaking about Trump and her own party.
The senator—whom some believe may be laying the ground work for a run at the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020—made several loaded comments during the forum, an annual conference on how technology can change politics.
“Has he kept his promises?” she said. “No. Fuck no.”
Gillibrand wasn’t done.
While speaking about Democrats, Nolan reported that the senator kept on going.
“Fundamentally, if we’re not helping people, we should go the fuck home.”
Naturally, Twitter was very fond of what the New York senator said.
So June 9, 2017 is the day Sen. Gillibrand announced her candidacy for President? https://t.co/N0mjPhyzRI
— John Cole (@John__Cole) June 9, 2017
Gillibrand 2020 please. https://t.co/PScFAZuw8N
— Nathan Taylor (@tallahicky) June 9, 2017
Gillibrand 20forever https://t.co/rXog4HtLwC
— Hopeless Yuppie (@HopelessYuppie) June 9, 2017
I love Sen. Gillibrand, she makes me proud to be from NY https://t.co/OClNicrDf9
— Emet Tauber (@Rememberandhope) June 9, 2017
As of publication, no video has been posted online of Gillibrand’s remarks.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).