- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
Remember Kaitlin Bennett, the so-called Kent State Gun Girl who posed with an AR-10 for a graduation photo? She’s going viral again, this time for hanging out with an InfoWars reporter during an Alex Jones-fueled sleepover.
Of course, the next time the two get together, they should consider getting some tables and chairs.
Twitter began dunking on the two conservatives after Bennett posted a photo of herself with InfoWars reporter Millie Weaver on Saturday night. In the photo, the two women sit cross-legged on pillows in front of a widescreen TV on the floor with an InfoWars video on. Notably, both women are sitting on the floor, and there is no furniture except a set of Christmas lights placed against the wall. It’s unclear who owns the apartment.
“Having an InfoWars sleepover with @Millie__Weaver watching Alex Jones videos! #FreeAlexJones” Bennett tweeted, after which sharing a photo of herself being “christened” with the InfoWars mic during the “#InfoWarsSleepover.”
I christen you, Kaitlin Bennett, an Infowars Reporter! 😁 https://t.co/6Jgk3MTlNe— Millie Weaver (@Millie__Weaver) January 6, 2019
As far as sleepovers go, the conditions for this one look incredibly barren, to say the least. Bennett and Weaver have no back support, plus there isn’t a table for comfortably placing food and drinks. Combine that with the widescreen TV sitting on the floor, the sloppily placed Christmas lights, and yes, the incredible premise for the sleepover, and this Saturday night hangout looks like a snore.
It didn’t take Twitter long to notice.
Wow, very normal and cool room!— Derek: Dream Hipster (@AnarchistPrince) January 7, 2019
If you spent less money on guns you could buy furniture— Dave Portnoy: Soulcycle Cuck (@drnifkin) January 7, 2019
How come all of you right wing nutjobs live in squalor?— Potato: Natures Candy (@Goth_Puppy) January 6, 2019
Da fuk is that light display? pic.twitter.com/XV7Afbc4Hn— ALT-immigration 🛂 #IAmDevinNunesCow (@ALT_uscis) January 7, 2019
Y'all break into an empty apt with a TV and some pillows?— the Foz (@rtw1992) January 7, 2019
refusing to buy basic furniture to own the libs— im tony (@tonybonesarelli) January 7, 2019
Then there’s the concept. Watching the frenetic rantings of Alex Jones on InfoWars is far from a relaxing Saturday night sleepover idea.
There it is, the worst phrase in the English language, “Infowars Sleepover.” Right above “stomach pump birthday” and “fish hook jock strap.” https://t.co/KQYH3FQQk0— Kelvey’s preemptively unkept resolution ‘19 (@JonKelvey) January 7, 2019
I love politics but never in my life have I had a sleepover with a friend to watch Democracy Now! https://t.co/EoXJOhJtwH— Kendra Sitton (@PSKendra) January 7, 2019
Totally normal way to spend a Saturday night. https://t.co/cjurG3s5j9— Seth Morer (@sethmorer) January 6, 2019
Would rather have my three year old wet the bed every night than have an Alex Jones sleepover https://t.co/7qhDqG4ZEm— Post-Rock Malone (@kwyrauch) January 7, 2019
Twitter has since dubbed the original tweet “the saddest picture on the internet.”
Computer show me the saddest picture on the internet— JW (@unironictweeter) January 7, 2019
Bennett’s sleepover comes just one month after Twitter user @kathasty posted a viral tweet with a grotesquely minimalist apartment, arguing “guys really live in apartments like this and don’t see any issue.” In Bennett and Weaver’s case, they represent the polar opposite side of @kathasty’s post: Sometimes women have poorly decorated living rooms.
Women will live in an apartment like this and think nothing is wrong— Snarky GOP (@SnarkyGOP) January 6, 2019
The Daily Dot reached out to Weaver and Bennett for comment about the sleepover’s conditions and is awaiting a response.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.